Thury travel guide
Visit Thury: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Thury is situated in the Cote d'Or (Burgundy region) in the eastern-center of France at 51 km from Dijon, the department capital. (General information: Thury is 259 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Autun at 19 km from Thury
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Thury. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Thury
- Epinac: market Wednesday & Sunday (5km)
- Bligny-sur-Ouche: market Wednesday (14km)
- Autun: market Wednesday & Friday (20km)
- Chagny: market Thursday & Sunday (22km)
- Beaune: market Wednesday & Saturday (24km)
- Le Creusot: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (27km)
- Givry: market Thursday (32km)
- Montchanin: market Wednesday (32km)
- Nuits-Saint-Georges: market Friday (34km)
- Saulieu: market Saturday (35km)
- Chalon-sur-Saone: market Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Friday (37km)
- Verdun-sur-le-Doubs: market Thursday (41km)
- Montsauche-les-Settons: market Thursday all day (43km)
- Chenove: market Wednesday & Sunday (47km)
- Dijon: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (51km)
- Saint-Germain-du-Plain: market Thursday (51km)
Map of places to visit near Thury and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Thury and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Grand sites of France Bibracte-Mont Beuvray (39km)
Regional Natural Parcs Morvan (42km)
Churches or other religious monuments Cathédrale Saint Lazare (Autun) (20km); Hospices de Beaune (Beaune) (24km); Basilique de Saint Andoche (Saulieu) (35km)
Remarkable gardens Parc et jardins du château de Sully (5km); Abbaye de la Bussière (25km); Parc et jardin du château de Barbirey sur Ouche (30km); Jardin de la Chaux (32km); Parc de Saint-Léger (40km)
Sites of natural beauty Cirque du Bout du Monde (11km); Bibracte (39km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Beaune (24km)
Department: Cote d'Or
Distance to Thury
from Dijon (local prefecture): 51 km
from Paris: 259 km
from Calais: 477 km
from Nice: 428 km
from Bordeaux: 464 km
from Strasbourg: 296 km
We have 11 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Thury): Champignolles, Epinac, Jours-en-Vaux, Lacanche, Maligny, Molinot, Saint-Leger-du-Bois, Saint-Pierre-en-Vaux, Sully, Thomirey and Vievy.
Cote d'Or is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors drive from one of the channel ports such as Calais or Dunkirk, a drive of about 6 hours, or fly into one of the Paris airports and hire a car. For driving distances to Thury from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Thury