Thionville tourism and travel guide
Visit Thionville: highlights and tourist information
Thionville is situated in the Moselle (Lorraine region) in the north-east of France at 26 km from Metz, the department capital. (General information: Thionville is 282 km from Paris).
Popular places to visit nearby include Metz at 26 km and at 0 km. For more places to visit and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Thionville, France: places to visit and attractions
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend when sightseeing close to Thionville. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Markets in and near Thionville
Market days in Thionville: weekly market: Saturday;
- Thionville: market Saturday (0km)
- Yutz: market Friday (3km)
- Uckange: market Friday (6km)
- Fameck: market Saturday (7km)
- Hayange: market Thursday & Saturday (8km)
- Knutange: market Wednesday (9km)
- Clouange: market Tuesday & Friday (12km)
- Rombas: market Thursday (12km)
- Hagondange: market Friday (12km)
- Ottange: market Thursday (14km)
More information about Thionville & region
Tourist attractions to visit near Thionville, France
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Thionville and wondering what to do next!
- Longwy ville neuve (Vauban fortifications) (34km) [Map]
- Parc du château de Pange (34km) [Map]
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Metz (24km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Rombas (12km) [Map]
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique d'Amnéville (12km) [Map]
Geography and distances
Distance to Thionville
from Metz (prefecture): 26 km
from Paris: 282 km
from Calais: 354 km
from Nice: 634 km
from Bordeaux: 715 km
from Strasbourg: 145 km
For driving distances to Thionville from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Thionville