Thauvenay travel guide
Visit Thauvenay: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Sancerre at 4 km from Thauvenay
Location: Thauvenay is situated in the Cher department (Loire Valley region) in the center of France at 43 km from Bourges, the department capital. (General information: Thauvenay is 177 km from Paris and 412 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Thauvenay: these include Sancerre at 4 km and La Charite-sur-Loire at 18 km. Sancerre is a listed recommended detour at 4 km and Abbatiale Notre-Dame de La Charité-sur-Loire (monuments on French pilgrim routes) is a listed heritage site at 18 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Thauvenay, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Thauvenay
La Charite-sur-Loire 18km
Note that all distances from Thauvenay shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Thauvenay holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Thauvenay
- Saint-Satur: market every Thursday (4km)
- Cosne-Cours-sur-Loire: market every Wednesday & Sunday & Friday (13km)
- Vailly-sur-Sauldre: market every Friday (23km)
- Henrichemont: market every Wednesday (26km)
- Beaulieu-sur-Loire: market every Wednesday (27km)
- Baugy: market every Friday (27km)
- Chatillon-sur-Loire: market every Thursday (33km)
- Fourchambault: market every Sunday (36km)
- Aubigny-sur-Nere: market every Saturday all day (38km)
- Briare: market every Friday (40km)
- Saint-Fargeau: market every Friday (40km)
- Nevers: market every Saturday all day (41km)
- Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye: market every Wednesday (43km)
- Bourges: market every Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday & Friday (43km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Thauvenay and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Thauvenay map below.
Heritage Site Abbatiale Notre-Dame de La Charité-sur-Loire (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (18km)
National Monument Palace Jacques Coeur (43km); Bourges Cathedral (43km)
Recommended Detour Sancerre (4km)
Religious Monument Eglise de Notre-Dame-du-Pré (Donzy) (20km); Eglise de Saint André (Jussy-Champagne) (39km); Eglise de Saint Martin (Plaimpied-Givaudins) (46km)
Remarkable Garden Forgeneuve (41km); Les Prés Fichaux (43km)
Secteur Sauvegarde Bourges (43km)
Village D'etape Pougues-les-Eaux (31km)
Map of places to visit near Thauvenay & Location Information
Region: Loire Valley
Distance to Thauvenay
from Bourges (local prefecture): 43 km
from Paris: 177 km
from Calais: 412 km
from Nice: 527 km
from Bordeaux: 382 km
from Strasbourg: 390 km
* distances are direct not by road!
Cher is in the center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris and rent a car or drive from one of the channel ports such as Caen or Le Havre, a drive af about 2-3 hours. For driving distances to Thauvenay from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Thauvenay