Tartas travel guide
Visit Tartas: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Dax at 24 km from Tartas
Location: Tartas is situated in the Landes department (Aquitaine region) in the south-west of France at 26 km from Mont-de-Marsan, the department capital. (General information: Tartas is 609 km from Paris and 816 km from the port at Calais).
Market days in Tartas: weekly market: Saturday; (markets take place in the morning unless indicated)
Popular places to visit near Tartas: these include Dax at 24 km and Mont-de-Marsan at 26 km. Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) is a listed heritage site at 21 km and Parc du Sarrat is a listed remarkable garden at 24 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Tartas, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Tartas
Note that all distances from Tartas shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Tartas holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Tartas
- Tartas: market every Saturday (0km)
- Saint-Paul-les-Dax: market every Thursday - seasonal market only - (22km)
- Morcenx: market every Wednesday & Saturday (24km)
- Dax: market every Sunday & Saturday (24km)
- Mont-de-Marsan: market every Tuesday all day & Saturday (25km)
- Hagetmau: market every Wednesday all day (26km)
- Amou: market every Sunday (27km)
- Saint-Geours-de-Maremne: market every Sunday (37km)
- Orthez: market every Tuesday (38km)
- Leon: market every every day (40km)
- Peyrehorade: market every Wednesday & Saturday (40km)
- Lit-et-Mixe: market every Thursday (42km)
- Saint-Vincent-de-Tyrosse: market every Friday (44km)
- Roquefort: market every Saturday (45km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Tartas and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Tartas map below.
Heritage Site Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (21km); Sorde l'Abbaye - abbaye St Jean (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (39km)
Remarkable Garden Parc du Sarrat (24km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Mont-de-Marsan (25km); Hagetmau (26km)
Map of places to visit near Tartas & Location Information
Distance to Tartas
from Mont-de-Marsan (local prefecture): 26 km
from Paris: 609 km
from Calais: 816 km
from Nice: 649 km
from Bordeaux: 113 km
from Strasbourg: 843 km
* distances are direct not by road!
Landes is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into the region's airports at Bordeaux or Biarritz. The drive down the west coast from Saint Malo ferry port requires about 8 hours. For driving distances to Tartas from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Tartas