Tardes travel guide
Visit Tardes: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Tardes is situated in the Creuse (Limousin region) in the southern-centre of France at 37 km from Gueret, the department capital. (General information: Tardes is 302 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Aubusson at 24 km from Tardes
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Tardes. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
See France This Way travel guides for Limousin (this region) for more travel ideas in the area of Tardes.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Tardes
- Auzances: market Tuesday (17km)
- Lavaveix-les-Mines: market Thursday (21km)
- Ahun: market Wednesday (24km)
- Aubusson: market Saturday (25km)
- Boussac: market Thursday (25km)
- Pionsat: market Friday (27km)
- Domerat: market Friday (29km)
- Neris-les-Bains: market Thursday & Sunday (30km)
- Montlucon: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday all day (30km)
- Felletin: market Friday (31km)
- Commentry: market Friday (35km)
- Gueret: market Thursday all day & Saturday all day (37km)
- Saint-Eloy-les-Mines: market Saturday (38km)
- Cosne-d'Allier: market Tuesday (53km)
Map of places to visit near Tardes and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Tardes and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour) Aubusson (24km); Neris-les-Bains (30km)
Remarkable gardens Jardins du château d'Ainay-le-Vieil (29km)
Sites of natural beauty Pierres Jaumetres (19km); Lac de Vassivière (52km)
Towns of Art and history Montlucon (30km)
Listed as villages d'etape - (recommended place to break a long journey) Gouzon (10km)
Advertisement: current special offers on holiday villages in France
Distance to Tardes
from Gueret (local prefecture): 37 km
from Paris: 302 km
from Calais: 536 km
from Nice: 473 km
from Bordeaux: 270 km
from Strasbourg: 489 km
For driving distances to Tardes from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Tardes