Tanus travel guide
Visit Tanus: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Sauveterre-de-Rouergue at 13 km from Tanus
Location: Tanus is situated in the Tarn department (Midi-Pyrenees region) in the south of France at 24 km from Albi, the department capital. (General information: Tanus is 529 km from Paris and 762 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Tanus: these include Sauveterre-de-Rouergue at 13 km and Albi at 24 km. Sauveterre-de-Rouergue is a listed town of art and history at 13 km and Sauveterre-de-Rouergue is a listed most beautiful village at 13 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Tanus, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Tanus
Note that all distances from Tanus shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Tanus holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Tanus
- Naucelle: market every Saturday - seasonal market only - (11km)
- Carmaux: market every Friday (14km)
- Saint-Juery: market every Thursday (19km)
- Baraqueville: market every Sunday - seasonal market only - (21km)
- Rieupeyroux: market every Sunday - seasonal market only - (24km)
- Albi: market every Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Saturday all day (24km)
- Arvieu: market every Wednesday - seasonal market only - (29km)
- Cordes-sur-Ciel: market every Saturday & Saturday (29km)
- Najac: market every Sunday - seasonal market only - (30km)
- Villefranche-de-Panat: market every Sunday - seasonal market only - (31km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Tanus and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Tanus map below.
Heritage Site Episcopal City, Albi (24km)
National Monument Beaulieu en Rouergue Abbey (39km)
Religious Monument Eglise de Saint-Cirice (Brousse-le-Chateau) (27km)
Remarkable Garden Jardin du palais de la Berbie (24km); Parc Rochegude (24km); Jardin de Paradis (29km); Jardins de Quercy (36km); Jardin d'Eden du château du Colombier (40km)
Secteur Sauvegarde Albi (24km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Albi (24km)
Map of places to visit near Tanus & Location Information
Distance to Tanus
from Albi (local prefecture): 24 km
from Paris: 529 km
from Calais: 762 km
from Nice: 399 km
from Bordeaux: 244 km
from Strasbourg: 649 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 10 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Tanus): Crespin, Lacapelle-Pinet, Ledas-et-Penthies, Montauriol, Moulares, Pampelonne, Saint-Jean-de-Marcel, Saint-Just-sur-Viaur, Tauriac-de-Naucelle and Treban.
For driving distances to Tanus from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Tanus