Tanus tourism and travel guide
Visit Tanus: highlights and tourist information
Tanus is situated in the Tarn (Midi-Pyrenees region) in the south of France at 24 km from Albi, the department capital. (General information: Tanus is 529 km from Paris).
Tanus, France: places to visit and attractions
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend when sightseeing close to Tanus. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Tarn
Plan your visit to Tanus
Planning a trip to Tanus and the Midi-Pyrenees region? France This Way can help!
Map of places to visit near Tanus
More information about Tanus & region
Markets in and near Tanus
- Naucelle: market Saturday - seasonal market only (11km)
- Carmaux: market Friday (14km)
- Saint-Juery: market Thursday (19km)
- Baraqueville: market Sunday - seasonal market only (21km)
- Rieupeyroux: market Sunday - seasonal market only (24km)
- Albi: market Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Saturday all day (24km)
- Arvieu: market Wednesday - seasonal market only (29km)
- Cordes-sur-Ciel: market Saturday & Saturday (29km)
- Najac: market Sunday - seasonal market only (30km)
- Villefranche-de-Panat: market Sunday - seasonal market only (31km)
Tourist attractions to visit near Tanus, France
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Tanus and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Heritage sites Episcopal City, Albi (24km)
National Monuments Beaulieu en Rouergue Abbey (39km)
Churches or other religious monuments Eglise de Saint-Cirice (Brousse-le-Chateau) (27km)
Remarkable gardens Parc Rochegude (24km); Jardin du palais de la Berbie (24km); Jardin de Paradis (29km); Jardins de Quercy (36km); Jardin d'Eden du château du Colombier (40km); Jardin des Martels (57km)
Sites of natural beauty Gorges de l'Aveyron (30km); Tindoul de la Vayssière (42km); Trou de Bozouls (52km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Tanus
from Albi (prefecture): 24 km
from Paris: 529 km
from Calais: 762 km
from Nice: 399 km
from Bordeaux: 244 km
from Strasbourg: 649 km
For driving distances to Tanus from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 10 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Tanus): Crespin, Lacapelle-Pinet, Ledas-et-Penthies, Montauriol, Moulares, Pampelonne, Saint-Jean-de-Marcel, Saint-Just-sur-Viaur, Tauriac-de-Naucelle and Treban.
This page in French: Visitez Tanus