Tanus travel guide
Visit Tanus: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Tanus is situated in the Tarn (Midi-Pyrenees region) in the south of France at 24 km from Albi, the department capital. (General information: Tanus is 529 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Sauveterre-de-Rouergue at 13 km from Tanus
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Tanus. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Tanus
- Naucelle: market Saturday - seasonal market only (11km)
- Carmaux: market Friday (14km)
- Saint-Juery: market Thursday (19km)
- Baraqueville: market Sunday - seasonal market only (21km)
- Rieupeyroux: market Sunday - seasonal market only (24km)
- Albi: market Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Saturday all day (24km)
- Arvieu: market Wednesday - seasonal market only (29km)
- Cordes-sur-Ciel: market Saturday & Saturday (29km)
- Najac: market Sunday - seasonal market only (30km)
- Villefranche-de-Panat: market Sunday - seasonal market only (31km)
- Rodez: market Wednesday & Saturday (34km)
- Villefranche-de-Rouergue: market Thursday (36km)
- Realmont: market Wednesday (38km)
- Salles-Curan: market Saturday - seasonal market only (38km)
- Gaillac: market Friday (40km)
- Graulhet: market Thursday & Sunday (46km)
Map of places to visit near Tanus and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Tanus and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Heritage sites Episcopal City, Albi (24km)
National Monuments Beaulieu en Rouergue Abbey (39km)
Churches or other religious monuments Eglise de Saint-Cirice (Brousse-le-Chateau) (27km)
Remarkable gardens Parc Rochegude (24km); Jardin du palais de la Berbie (24km); Jardin de Paradis (29km); Jardins de Quercy (36km); Jardin d'Eden du château du Colombier (40km)
Sites of natural beauty Gorges de l'Aveyron (30km); Tindoul de la Vayssière (42km)
Distance to Tanus
from Albi (local prefecture): 24 km
from Paris: 529 km
from Calais: 762 km
from Nice: 399 km
from Bordeaux: 244 km
from Strasbourg: 649 km
We have 10 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Tanus): Crespin, Lacapelle-Pinet, Ledas-et-Penthies, Montauriol, Moulares, Pampelonne, Saint-Jean-de-Marcel, Saint-Just-sur-Viaur, Tauriac-de-Naucelle and Treban.
For driving distances to Tanus from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Tanus