Hossegor tourism and travel guide
Visit Hossegor: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Soorts is one of the smaller beach resorts along the extensive Atlantic coast in South-West France
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Hossegor. For detailed visitor information see the Hossegor travel guide.
Hossegor is situated in the Landes department and Aquitaine region (now part of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region), in the south-west of France at 79 kilometres from Mont-de-Marsan, the department capital (general information: Hossegor is 646 kilometres from Paris).
Hossegor, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Hossegor in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Landes
Map of places to visit near Hossegor
Markets in and near Hossegor
Market days in Hossegor: weekly market: Wednesday & Sunday & Friday;
- Hossegor: market Wednesday & Sunday & Friday (0km)
- Capbreton: market every day except Monday (1km)
- Seignosse: market Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday (5km)
- Labenne: market Friday & Tuesday - seasonal market only (7km)
- Saint-Vincent-de-Tyrosse: market Friday (10km)
- Soustons: market Monday & Thursday - seasonal market only (13km)
- Boucau: market Saturday (16km)
- Saint-Geours-de-Maremne: market Sunday (16km)
- Messanges: market Wednesday (18km)
- Bayonne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (19km)
More information about Hossegor, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Hossegor, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Hossegor.
- Bayonne cathédrale St Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (19km)
- Sorde l'Abbaye - abbaye St Jean (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (33km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Parc du Sarrat (30km)
- Jardins de la villa Arnaga (33km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bayonne (19km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Marais d'Orx (7km)
- Courant de Huchet (26km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Anglet (21km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Hossegor
from Mont-de-Marsan (prefecture): 79 km
from Paris: 646 km
from Calais: 847 km
from Nice: 699 km
from Bordeaux: 147 km
from Strasbourg: 893 km
Hossegor is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into the region's airports at Bordeaux or Biarritz. The drive down the west coast from Saint Malo ferry port requires about 8 hours. For driving distances to Hossegor from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Hossegor