Sigean travel guide
Visit Sigean: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Sigean Nature Reserve at 0 km from Sigean
Location: Sigean is situated in the Aude department (Languedoc-Roussillon region) in the south of France at 55 km from Carcassonne, the department capital. (General information: Sigean is 650 km from Paris and 885 km from the port at Calais).
Tourist classifications for Sigean:
Market days in Sigean: weekly market: Tuesday & Friday; (markets take place in the morning unless indicated)
Popular places to visit near Sigean: these include Sigean Nature Reserve at 0 km and Port-la-Nouvelle at 8 km. Abbaye de Fontfroide (Narbonne) is a listed religious monument at 12 km and Narbonne is a listed town of art and history at 17 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Sigean, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Sigean
Fontfroide Abbey 13km
Fort de Salses 22km
Ille sur Tet 49km
Note that all distances from Sigean shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Sigean holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Sigean
- Sigean: market every Tuesday & Friday (0km)
- Port-la-Nouvelle: market every Saturday - seasonal market only - (5km)
- Port-la-Nouvelle: market every Wednesday (5km)
- Gruissan: market every every day except Thursday (13km)
- Leucate: market every Saturday & Monday & Wednesday & Thursday - seasonal market only - (14km)
- Narbonne: market every Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Monday - seasonal market only - (18km)
- Narbonne: market every Sunday (18km)
- Coursan: market every every day except Monday (24km)
- Fleury: market every every day (26km)
- Lezignan-Corbieres: market every Wednesday (26km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Sigean and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Sigean map below.
National Monument Enserune (33km)
Regional Natural Parc Narbonnaise en Méditerranée (19km)
Religious Monument Abbaye de Fontfroide (Narbonne) (12km); Eglise de Notre Dame des Anges (Cabestany) (39km); Chapelle de Casenoves (Ille-sur-tet) (49km); Eglise de Trinité d'Aregno (Aregno) (49km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Orgued d'Ille-sur-Tet (49km)
Map of places to visit near Sigean & Location Information
Distance to Sigean
from Carcassonne (local prefecture): 55 km
from Paris: 650 km
from Calais: 885 km
from Nice: 355 km
from Bordeaux: 348 km
from Strasbourg: 720 km
* distances are direct not by road!
For driving distances to Sigean from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Sigean