Sessenheim travel guide
Visit Sessenheim: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Hoffen at 15 km from Sessenheim
Location: Sessenheim is situated in the Bas-Rhin department (Alsace region) in the north-east of France at 29 km from Strasbourg, the department capital. (General information: Sessenheim is 412 km from Paris and 500 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Sessenheim: these include Hoffen at 15 km and Hunspach at 17 km. Drusenheim is a listed ville fleurie 4* at 5 km and Hunspach is a listed most beautiful village at 17 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Sessenheim, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Sessenheim
Note that all distances from Sessenheim shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Sessenheim holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Sessenheim
- Soufflenheim: market every Wednesday (4km)
- Bischwiller: market every Saturday (10km)
- Haguenau: market every Tuesday & Friday (14km)
- Brumath: market every Wednesday (22km)
- Bischheim: market every Friday (27km)
- Reichshoffen: market every Thursday (27km)
- Schiltigheim: market every Thursday (28km)
- Niederbronn-les-Bains: market every Friday (30km)
- Strasbourg: market every Wednesday all day & Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday & Monday all day & Friday all day (31km)
- Ostwald: market every Friday (35km)
- Illkirch-Graffenstaden: market every Saturday (36km)
- Wasselonne: market every Monday (43km)
- Molsheim: market every Monday (46km)
- Obernai: market every Thursday (52km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Sessenheim and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Sessenheim map below.
Heritage Site Strasbourg Grand Ile (30km)
Most Beautiful Village Hunspach (17km)
Remarkable Garden Jardin de l'Escalier (21km); Jardin de la ferme bleue (26km); Jardin botanique de l'université de Strasbourg (30km); Jardin du chateau de Kolbsheim (39km); Le jardin de Marguerite (41km)
Secteur Sauvegarde Strasbourg (31km)
Town Of Art And History Strasbourg (30km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Drusenheim (5km); Bischheim (27km)
Map of places to visit near Sessenheim & Location Information
Distance to Sessenheim
from Strasbourg (local prefecture): 29 km
from Paris: 412 km
from Calais: 500 km
from Nice: 569 km
from Bordeaux: 786 km
from Strasbourg: 30 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 13 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Sessenheim): Auenheim, Dalhunden, Drusenheim, Fort-Louis, Kauffenheim, Leutenheim, Roeschwoog, Rohrwiller, Roppenheim, Rountzenheim, Schirrhoffen, Soufflenheim and Stattmatten.
Bas-Rhin is in the north-east of France. Most visitors fly into Paris or drive from one of the channel ports such as Calais or Dunkirk (allow around 6 hours) For driving distances to Sessenheim from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Sessenheim