Sees tourism and travel guide
Visit Sees: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The cathedral is the famous attraction at Sees, but there are other sites of interest in the town and the nearby Ecouves Forest to explore
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Sees. For detailed visitor information see the Sees travel guide.
Sees is situated in the Orne department and Normandy region, in the north of France at 20 kilometres from Alencon, the department capital (general information: Sees is 162 kilometres from Paris).
Sees, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Sees in Normandy.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Orne
Map of places to visit near Sees
Markets in and near Sees
Market days in Sees: weekly market: Saturday;
- Sees: market Saturday (0km)
- Le Mele-sur-Sarthe: market Wednesday (17km)
- Alencon: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (20km)
- Argentan: market Tuesday & Friday (21km)
- Trun: market Thursday (28km)
- Mortagne-Au-Perche: market Saturday all day (29km)
- Mamers: market Monday (32km)
- Tourouvre: market Friday (35km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market Saturday (38km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market Thursday (39km)
More information about Sees, Normandy
Tourist attractions near Sees, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Sees.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Saint-Ceneri-le-Gerei (30km)
- Carrouges Chateau (24km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Argentan (21km)
Regional Natural Parcs
- Normandie-Maine (32km)
- Sassy (14km)
- Jardins du château de Vendeuvre (46km)
- Jardin de la petite Rochelle (48km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Forêt d'Écouves (10km)
- Signal d'Écouves (12km)
- Forêt de Perseigne (23km)
- Mont du Haut-Fourché (33km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Tourouvre (35km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Sees
from Alencon (prefecture): 20 km
from Paris: 162 km
from Calais: 287 km
from Nice: 771 km
from Bordeaux: 423 km
from Strasbourg: 557 km
Sees is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-channel ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Sees from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 8 other places listed as being close (less than 6 kilometres from Sees): Aunou-sur-Orne, Belfonds, Chailloue, La Chapelle-Pres-Sees, Le Bouillon, Mace, Neauphe-sous-Essai and Neuville-Pres-Sees.
This page in French: Visitez Sees