Savigny-en-Sancerre travel guide
Visit Savigny-en-Sancerre: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Sancerre at 12 km from Savigny-en-Sancerre
Location: Savigny-en-Sancerre is situated in the Cher department (Loire Valley region) in the center of France at 51 km from Bourges, the department capital. (General information: Savigny-en-Sancerre is 161 km from Paris and 396 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Savigny-en-Sancerre: these include Sancerre at 12 km and Briare at 23 km. Sancerre is a listed recommended detour at 12 km and Briare is a listed ville fleurie 4* at 24 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Savigny-en-Sancerre, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Savigny-en-Sancerre
La Charite-sur-Loire 33km
Note that all distances from Savigny-en-Sancerre shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Savigny-en-Sancerre holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Savigny-en-Sancerre
- Cosne-Cours-sur-Loire: market every Wednesday & Sunday & Friday (9km)
- Beaulieu-sur-Loire: market every Wednesday (11km)
- Saint-Satur: market every Thursday (12km)
- Vailly-sur-Sauldre: market every Friday (12km)
- Chatillon-sur-Loire: market every Thursday (18km)
- Briare: market every Friday (24km)
- Henrichemont: market every Wednesday (26km)
- Aubigny-sur-Nere: market every Saturday all day (28km)
- Saint-Fargeau: market every Friday (29km)
- Gien: market every Wednesday & Saturday (30km)
- Bleneau: market every Tuesday (30km)
- Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye: market every Wednesday (35km)
- Sully-sur-Loire: market every Monday all day (48km)
- Toucy: market every Saturday (49km)
- Bourges: market every Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday & Friday (50km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Savigny-en-Sancerre and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Savigny-en-Sancerre map below.
Heritage Site Abbatiale Notre-Dame de La Charité-sur-Loire (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (33km)
National Monument Palace Jacques Coeur (51km)
Recommended Detour Sancerre (12km)
Religious Monument Eglise de Notre-Dame-du-Pré (Donzy) (24km)
Remarkable Garden Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (38km); Les Prés Fichaux (51km)
Secteur Sauvegarde Bourges (50km)
Town Of Art And History Bourges (51km)
Map of places to visit near Savigny-en-Sancerre & Location Information
Region: Loire Valley
Distance to Savigny-en-Sancerre
from Bourges (local prefecture): 51 km
from Paris: 161 km
from Calais: 396 km
from Nice: 541 km
from Bordeaux: 390 km
from Strasbourg: 389 km
* distances are direct not by road!
Cher is in the center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris and rent a car or drive from one of the channel ports such as Caen or Le Havre, a drive af about 2-3 hours. For driving distances to Savigny-en-Sancerre from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Savigny-en-Sancerre