Saussenac travel guide
Visit Saussenac: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Saussenac is situated in the Tarn (Midi-Pyrenees region) in the south of France at 12 km from Albi, the department capital. (General information: Saussenac is 541 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Albi at 13 km from Saussenac
Popular places to visit nearby: these include Albi at 13 km and Realmont at 24 km . For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
Add comment or photo for Saussenac
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Saussenac. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
See France This Way travel guides for Tarn (this department) and Midi-Pyrenees (this region) for more travel ideas in the area of Saussenac.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Saussenac
- Saint-Juery: market Thursday (7km)
- Carmaux: market Friday (12km)
- Albi: market Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Saturday all day (13km)
- Naucelle: market Saturday - seasonal market only (24km)
- Realmont: market Wednesday (25km)
- Cordes-sur-Ciel: market Saturday & Saturday (27km)
- Gaillac: market Friday (32km)
- Graulhet: market Thursday & Sunday (34km)
- Baraqueville: market Sunday - seasonal market only (34km)
- Najac: market Sunday - seasonal market only (35km)
- Rieupeyroux: market Sunday - seasonal market only (36km)
- Villefranche-de-Panat: market Sunday - seasonal market only (36km)
- Arvieu: market Wednesday - seasonal market only (38km)
- Lisle-sur-Tarn: market Sunday (41km)
- Saint-Paul-Cap-de-Joux: market Tuesday (45km)
- Lavaur: market Saturday (49km)
Map of places to visit near Saussenac and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saussenac and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Heritage sites Episcopal City, Albi (12km)
Most beautiful villages in France (see also beautiful French villages) Brousse-le-Chateau (28km)
National Monuments Beaulieu en Rouergue Abbey (42km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour) Gaillac (32km)
Churches or other religious monuments Eglise de Saint-Cirice (Brousse-le-Chateau) (28km)
Remarkable gardens Parc Rochegude (12km); Jardin du palais de la Berbie (12km); Jardin de Paradis (27km); Jardins de Quercy (39km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé) (see also historical French towns) Albi (13km)
Sites of natural beauty Gorges de l'Aveyron (36km)
Towns of Art and history Sauveterre-de-Rouergue (26km); Najac (35km)
Distance to Saussenac
from Albi (local prefecture): 12 km
from Paris: 541 km
from Calais: 775 km
from Nice: 401 km
from Bordeaux: 246 km
from Strasbourg: 661 km
For driving distances to Saussenac from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Saussenac