Sarlande travel guide
Visit Sarlande: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Chateau de Jumilhac at 6 km from Sarlande
Location: Sarlande is situated in the Dordogne department (Aquitaine region) in the south-west of France at 43 km from Perigueux, the department capital. (General information: Sarlande is 390 km from Paris and 614 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Sarlande: these include Chateau de Jumilhac at 6 km and Excideuil at 14 km. Saint-Yrieix-la-Perche is a listed recommended detour at 10 km and Segur-le-Chateau is a listed most beautiful village at 15 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Sarlande, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Sarlande
Chateau de Hautefort 21km
Le Jardin de Liliane 38km
Note that all distances from Sarlande shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Sarlande holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Sarlande
- Excideuil: market every Thursday (14km)
- Thiviers: market every Tuesday - seasonal market only - (15km)
- Thiviers: market every Saturday (15km)
- Chalus: market every Friday (25km)
- Objat: market every Sunday (31km)
- Thenon: market every Tuesday (35km)
- Allassac: market every Wednesday & Friday (35km)
- Le Lardin-Saint-Lazare: market every Friday (37km)
- Brantome: market every Monday - seasonal market only - (38km)
- Brantome: market every Friday (38km)
- Terrasson: market every Thursday (38km)
- Piegut-Pluviers: market every Wednesday (39km)
- Saint-Pierre-de-Chignac: market every Saturday (42km)
- Perigueux: market every Wednesday all day & Saturday all day (43km)
- Brive-la-Gaillarde: market every Tuesday all day & Thursday all day & Saturday all day (46km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Sarlande and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Sarlande map below.
Heritage Site Perigueux cathédrale Saint Front (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (43km)
National Monument Chateau de Puyguilhem (28km)
Recommended Detour Saint-Yrieix-la-Perche (10km); Nontron (36km)
Regional Natural Parc Perigord-Limousin (30km)
Religious Monument Eglise Notre Dame de l'Assomption (Thiviers) (16km); Abbaye Cistercienne de Boschaud (Villars) (28km); Abbatial church de Saint Pierre (Solignac) (36km); Abbaye Saint Pierre (Brantome) (38km); Eglise Saint Etienne de la Cité (Perigueux) (43km); Abbaye Notre Dame (Chancelade) (44km); Ancien Prieuré de Merlande (La Chapelle-Gonaguet) (45km)
Remarkable Garden Jardins du château de Hautefort (21km); Jardin de Liliane (38km); Jardins de l'Imaginaire (39km)
Secteur Sauvegarde Perigueux (43km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Gouffre de la Fage (50km)
Town Of Art And History Perigueux (42km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Saint-Hilaire-les-Places (22km); Perigueux (43km)
Map of places to visit near Sarlande & Location Information
Distance to Sarlande
from Perigueux (local prefecture): 43 km
from Paris: 390 km
from Calais: 614 km
from Nice: 524 km
from Bordeaux: 149 km
from Strasbourg: 611 km
* distances are direct not by road!
Dordogne is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into the airports at either Bergerac (or Bordeaux). Alternatively to drive from the cross-channel ports takes around 9-11 hours. For driving distances to Sarlande from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Sarlande