Salon travel guide
Visit Salon: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Salon is situated in the Aube (Champagne-Ardenne region) in the north-east of France at 38 km from Troyes, the department capital. (General information: Salon is 124 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Troyes at 38 km from Salon
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Salon. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
See France This Way travel guides for Champagne-Ardenne (this region) for more travel ideas in the area of Salon.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Salon
- Plancy-l'Abbaye: market Tuesday (8km)
- Fere-Champenoise: market Wednesday (13km)
- Arcis-sur-Aube: market Friday (15km)
- Mery-sur-Seine: market Saturday (17km)
- Sezanne: market Saturday all day (23km)
- Romilly-sur-Seine: market Thursday & Saturday & Monday (25km)
- Marigny-le-Chatel: market Sunday (33km)
- Villenauxe-la-Grande: market Friday (34km)
- Esternay: market Tuesday (34km)
- La Chapelle-Saint-Luc: market Wednesday & Sunday (36km)
- Troyes: market Wednesday all day & Tuesday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday all day & Friday (38km)
- Sainte-Savine: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (39km)
- Piney: market Tuesday (39km)
- Nogent-sur-Seine: market Wednesday (41km)
- Montmirail: market Monday (43km)
- Chalons-en-Champagne: market Wednesday all day & Saturday all day (43km)
- Palis: market Thursday (45km)
- Brienne-le-Chateau: market Thursday (47km)
Map of places to visit near Salon and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Salon and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Heritage sites Châlons-en-Champagne Collégiale Notre-Dame-en-Vaux (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (44km); L'Epine basilique Notre-Dame (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (50km)
Regional Natural Parcs Foret-d'Orient (47km)
Remarkable gardens Entre Cour et Jardin (23km); Jardin du château de Barberey-Saint-Sulpice (34km); Jardin botanique de Marnay-sur-Seine (36km)
Sites of natural beauty Forêt de la Traconne (27km); Lacs Amance et du Temple (48km)
Towns of Art and history Troyes (38km); Chalons-en-Champagne (43km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Haussimont (17km); Oger (35km); Saint-Martin-sur-le-Pre (45km)
Distance to Salon
from Troyes (local prefecture): 38 km
from Paris: 124 km
from Calais: 300 km
from Nice: 603 km
from Bordeaux: 548 km
from Strasbourg: 275 km
For driving distances to Salon from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Salon