Salles-Lavalette travel guide
Visit Salles-Lavalette: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Salles-Lavalette is situated in the Charente (Poitou-Charentes region) in the west of France at 30 km from Angouleme, the department capital. (General information: Salles-Lavalette is 418 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Villebois-Lavalette at 12 km from Salles-Lavalette
Popular places to visit nearby: these include Villebois-Lavalette at 12 km and Aubeterre-sur-Dronne at 13 km . For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Salles-Lavalette. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Salles-Lavalette
- Riberac: market Tuesday & Friday (17km)
- Mareuil: market Tuesday (19km)
- Chalais: market Monday (20km)
- Tocane-Saint-Apre: market Monday & (25km)
- La Couronne: market Saturday (27km)
- Lisle: market Tuesday (27km)
- Angouleme: market every day except Monday (31km)
- Barbezieux-Saint-Hilaire: market Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (32km)
- Brantome: market Monday - seasonal market only (33km)
- Brantome: market Friday (33km)
- Ruelle-sur-Touvre: market Thursday & Sunday & (33km)
- Saint-Astier: market Thursday (35km)
- Mussidan: market Saturday (40km)
- La Rochefoucauld: market Wednesday & Saturday (41km)
- Perigueux: market Wednesday all day & Saturday all day (44km)
- Piegut-Pluviers: market Wednesday (44km)
- Jarnac: market every day except Monday (46km)
- Coutras: market Wednesday & Saturday (48km)
- Vergt: market Friday (55km)
Map of places to visit near Salles-Lavalette and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Salles-Lavalette and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Heritage sites Perigueux cathédrale Saint Front (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (44km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour) Nontron (37km)
Churches or other religious monuments Eglise de Notre Dame (Voulgezac) (17km); Eglise Notre Dame de Faye (Faye) (17km); Eglise de Saint Vincent (Puymoyen) (26km); Eglise de Saint Cybard (Roullet-Saint-Estephe) (27km); Eglise de Saint Estèphe (Roullet-Saint-Estephe) (27km); Eglise de Saint Jean-Baptiste (La Couronne) (27km); Cathédrale Saint Pierre (Angouleme) (30km); Eglise de Saint Michel (Saint-Michel) (31km); Eglise de Notre Dame (Trois-Palis) (32km); Abbaye Saint Pierre (Brantome) (32km); Ancien Prieuré de Merlande (La Chapelle-Gonaguet) (38km); Abbaye Notre Dame (Chancelade) (39km); Eglise Saint Etienne de la Cité (Perigueux) (44km); Eglise de Saint Martin (Gensac-la-Pallue) (48km); Abbaye Notre Dame de l'Assomption de Châtre (Saint-Brice) (52km)
Remarkable gardens Logis de Forge (21km); Jardin du Chaigne (36km)
Sites of natural beauty Grotte de Montgaudier (37km)
Distance to Salles-Lavalette
from Angouleme (local prefecture): 30 km
from Paris: 418 km
from Calais: 630 km
from Nice: 588 km
from Bordeaux: 88 km
from Strasbourg: 672 km
Charente is in the west of France. Most visitors to the region come by car with arrive here by car with the ferry ports at Saint Malo taking about 5 hours driving time. For driving distances to Salles-Lavalette from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Salles-Lavalette