Saints travel guide
Visit Saints: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Guedelon at 9 km from Saints
Location: Saints is situated in the Yonne department (Burgundy region) in the eastern-center of France at 30 km from Auxerre, the department capital. (General information: Saints is 153 km from Paris and 384 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Saints: these include Guedelon at 9 km and Clamecy at 26 km. Clamecy is a listed secteur sauvegarde at 26 km and Auxerre is a listed secteur sauvegarde at 30 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Saints, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Saints
Note that all distances from Saints shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Saints holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Saints
- Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye: market every Wednesday (5km)
- Toucy: market every Saturday (13km)
- Saint-Fargeau: market every Friday (15km)
- Bleneau: market every Tuesday (25km)
- Clamecy: market every Saturday (26km)
- Aillant-sur-Tholon: market every Tuesday (29km)
- Auxerre: market every Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (30km)
- Cosne-Cours-sur-Loire: market every Wednesday & Sunday & Friday (34km)
- Beaulieu-sur-Loire: market every Wednesday (35km)
- Vermenton: market every Friday (36km)
- Chatillon-sur-Loire: market every Thursday (38km)
- Chatillon-Coligny: market every Friday (38km)
- Migennes: market every Thursday (42km)
- Saint-Satur: market every Thursday (44km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saints and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Saints map below.
Heritage Site Asquins église St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (40km); Vezelay (40km); Vézelay basilica St Madeleine (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (40km)
Recommended Detour Sancerre (45km)
Religious Monument Eglise de Notre-Dame-du-Pré (Donzy) (31km); Eglise de Saint Martial (Seignelay) (40km); Abbaye de Pontigny (Pontigny) (47km)
Remarkable Garden Jardins du manoir du Grand Courtoiseau (41km); Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (42km); Arboretum national des Barres (45km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Arboretum national des Barres (45km)
Town Of Art And History Auxerre (30km)
Map of places to visit near Saints & Location Information
Distance to Saints
from Auxerre (local prefecture): 30 km
from Paris: 153 km
from Calais: 384 km
from Nice: 535 km
from Bordeaux: 428 km
from Strasbourg: 350 km
* distances are direct not by road!
Yonne is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris orly or Charles de Gaulle airports and rent a car or drive from a channel ferry port - allow about 5 - 6 hours driving time. For driving distances to Saints from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Saints