Saint-Nicolas-des-Bois travel guide
Visit Saint-Nicolas-des-Bois: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Saint-Nicolas-des-Bois is situated in the Orne (Normandy region) in the north of France at 9 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Saint-Nicolas-des-Bois is 176 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Alencon at 9 km from Saint-Nicolas-des-Bois
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Saint-Nicolas-des-Bois. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Saint-Nicolas-des-Bois
- Alencon: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (8km)
- Sees: market Saturday (17km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market Saturday (24km)
- Le Mele-sur-Sarthe: market Wednesday (25km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market Monday (27km)
- Argentan: market Tuesday & Friday (28km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market Thursday (30km)
- Mamers: market Monday (30km)
- Beaumont-sur-Sarthe: market Tuesday (31km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (33km)
- Sille-le-Guillaume: market Wednesday (36km)
- Briouze: market Monday (36km)
- Trun: market Thursday (39km)
- Mortagne-Au-Perche: market Saturday all day (39km)
- Bonnetable: market Tuesday & Friday (46km)
- Evron: market Thursday (49km)
Map of places to visit near Saint-Nicolas-des-Bois and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint-Nicolas-des-Bois and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
National Monuments Carrouges Chateau (15km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour) Argentan (28km)
Regional Natural Parcs Normandie-Maine (18km)
Remarkable gardens Sassy (19km)
Sites of natural beauty Signal d'Écouves (6km); Forêt d'Écouves (7km); Mont du Haut-Fourché (17km); Forêt de Perseigne (20km)
Canton: Alençon 1er Canton
Distance to Saint-Nicolas-des-Bois
from Alencon (local prefecture): 9 km
from Paris: 176 km
from Calais: 303 km
from Nice: 772 km
from Bordeaux: 409 km
from Strasbourg: 569 km
We have 11 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Saint-Nicolas-Des-Bois): Colombiers, Cuissai, Damigny, Fontenai-les-Louvets, La Roche-Mabile, Livaie, Lonrai, Pace, Ravigny, Saint-Denis-sur-Sarthon and Saint-Didier-sous-Ecouves.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Saint-Nicolas-des-Bois from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Saint-Nicolas-des-Bois