Saint-Maurice-du-Désert travel guide
Visit Saint-Maurice-du-Désert: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Saint-Maurice-du-Désert is situated in the Orne (Normandy region) in the north of France at 41 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Saint-Maurice-du-Désert is 203 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Bagnoles de l'Orne at 7 km from Saint-Maurice-du-Désert
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Saint-Maurice-du-Désert. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Saint-Maurice-du-Désert
- La Ferte-Mace: market Thursday (3km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (6km)
- Briouze: market Monday (10km)
- Flers: market Wednesday & Saturday (20km)
- Conde-sur-Noireau: market Thursday (29km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market Monday (30km)
- Argentan: market Tuesday & Friday (31km)
- Falaise: market Saturday (35km)
- Mayenne: market Saturday & Monday (38km)
- Gorron: market Wednesday (38km)
- Alencon: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (40km)
- Trun: market Thursday (40km)
- Sourdeval: market Tuesday (41km)
- Vire: market Friday (44km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market Saturday (47km)
- Ernee: market Tuesday (53km)
Map of places to visit near Saint-Maurice-du-Désert and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint-Maurice-du-Désert and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
National Monuments Carrouges Chateau (18km)
Regional Natural Parcs Normandie-Maine (18km)
Remarkable gardens Sassy (30km)
Sites of natural beauty Signal d'Écouves (32km); Rochers des Parcs (34km); Forêt d'Écouves (34km); Mont du Haut-Fourché (37km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Saint-Fraimbault (27km); Saint-Loup-du-Gast (29km)
Advertisement: current special offers on holiday villages in France
Distance to Saint-Maurice-du-Désert
from Alencon (local prefecture): 41 km
from Paris: 203 km
from Calais: 306 km
from Nice: 803 km
from Bordeaux: 420 km
from Strasbourg: 598 km
We have found 9 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Saint-Maurice-du-Desert): Bagnoles-de-l'Orne, Beauvain, La Coulonche, La Ferte-Mace, La Sauvagere, Le Grais, Lonlay-le-Tesson, Magny-le-Desert and Saint-Michel-Des-Andaines.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Saint-Maurice-du-Désert from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Saint-Maurice-du-Désert