Saint-Jean-des-Bois travel guide
Visit Saint-Jean-des-Bois: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Saint-Jean-des-Bois is situated in the Orne (Normandy region) in the north of France at 73 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Saint-Jean-des-Bois is 231 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Vire at 15 km from Saint-Jean-des-Bois
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Saint-Jean-des-Bois. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Saint-Jean-des-Bois
- Sourdeval: market Tuesday (9km)
- Vire: market Friday (14km)
- Flers: market Wednesday & Saturday (17km)
- Conde-sur-Noireau: market Thursday (23km)
- Saint-Hilaire-du-Harcouet: market Wednesday (27km)
- Brecey: market Friday (28km)
- Briouze: market Monday (31km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (33km)
- Villedieu-les-Poeles: market Tuesday (34km)
- Gorron: market Wednesday (35km)
- Aunay-sur-Odon: market Saturday (35km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market Thursday (35km)
- Louvigne-du-Desert: market Friday (36km)
- Thury-Harcourt: market Tuesday (37km)
- Torigni-sur-Vire: market Monday (37km)
- Ducey: market Tuesday (38km)
- Villers-Bocage: market Wednesday (41km)
- Saint-James: market Monday (45km)
Map of places to visit near Saint-Jean-des-Bois and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint-Jean-des-Bois and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour) Domfront (18km)
Remarkable gardens Parc floral de Haute-Bretagne (48km)
Sites of natural beauty Forêt de Saint-Sever (21km); Rochers des Parcs (32km); Roches de Ham (39km); Forêt de Fougères (46km)
Listed as villages d'etape - (recommended place to break a long journey) Villedieu-les-Poeles (34km); Torigni-sur-Vire (37km); Ducey (38km); Villers-Bocage (41km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Saint-Fraimbault (27km); Domjean (34km); Saint-Loup-du-Gast (40km)
zoo or wildlife park Parc zoologique de Jurques (31km); Parc zoologique de Champrepus (41km)
Distance to Saint-Jean-des-Bois
from Alencon (local prefecture): 73 km
from Paris: 231 km
from Calais: 312 km
from Nice: 834 km
from Bordeaux: 432 km
from Strasbourg: 627 km
We have 10 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Saint-Jean-Des-Bois): Beauchene, Chaulieu, Ger, Le Fresne-Poret, Le Menil-Ciboult, Saint-Christophe-de-Chaulieu, Saint-Cornier-Des-Landes, Tinchebray, Truttemer-le-Petit and Yvrandes.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Saint-Jean-des-Bois from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Saint-Jean-des-Bois