Saint-Jean-de-Vals travel guide
Visit Saint-Jean-de-Vals: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Saint-Jean-de-Vals is situated in the Tarn (Midi-Pyrenees region) in the south of France at 28 km from Albi, the department capital. (General information: Saint-Jean-de-Vals is 574 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Lautrec at 10 km from Saint-Jean-de-Vals
Popular places to visit nearby: these include Lautrec at 10 km and Castres at 10 km . For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
Add comment or photo for Saint-Jean-de-Vals
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Saint-Jean-de-Vals. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
See France This Way travel guides for Tarn (this department) and Midi-Pyrenees (this region) for more travel ideas in the area of Saint-Jean-de-Vals.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Saint-Jean-de-Vals
- Castres: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (9km)
- Realmont: market Wednesday (11km)
- Labruguiere: market Friday (17km)
- Graulhet: market Thursday & Sunday (23km)
- Saint-Paul-Cap-de-Joux: market Tuesday (23km)
- Puylaurens: market Wednesday (24km)
- Mazamet: market Tuesday & Sunday & Saturday (24km)
- Albi: market Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Saturday all day (28km)
- Saint-Juery: market Thursday (29km)
- Revel: market Saturday (33km)
- Lavaur: market Saturday (36km)
- Gaillac: market Friday (37km)
- Labastide-Rouairoux: market Thursday (39km)
- Lisle-sur-Tarn: market Sunday (40km)
- Carmaux: market Friday (41km)
- Caraman: market Thursday (44km)
- Rabastens: market Saturday (45km)
- Saint-Pons-de-Thomieres: market Wednesday & Sunday (46km)
- Cordes-sur-Ciel: market Saturday & Saturday (48km)
- Castelnaudary: market Monday all day (48km)
- Villefranche-de-Lauragais: market Friday (54km)
- Villefranche-de-Panat: market Sunday - seasonal market only (57km)
Map of places to visit near Saint-Jean-de-Vals and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint-Jean-de-Vals and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Heritage sites Episcopal City, Albi (28km); Rabastens église Notre-Dame-du-Bourg (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (45km)
Most beautiful villages in France (see also beautiful French villages) Brousse-le-Chateau (45km); Minerve (54km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour) Revel (33km); Gaillac (37km)
Regional Natural Parcs Haut-Languedoc (35km)
Churches or other religious monuments Eglise de Saint-Cirice (Brousse-le-Chateau) (45km)
Remarkable gardens Jardin de l'Évêché (9km); Parc Rochegude (28km); Jardin du palais de la Berbie (28km); Jardin des Martels (39km); Jardin et parc du château de Loubens (40km); Jardin de Paradis (48km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé) (see also historical French towns) Albi (28km)
Sites of natural beauty Gouffre de Cabrespine (40km); Grotte de la Devèze (44km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Fraisse-sur-Agout (45km)
Distance to Saint-Jean-de-Vals
from Albi (local prefecture): 28 km
from Paris: 574 km
from Calais: 808 km
from Nice: 403 km
from Bordeaux: 259 km
from Strasbourg: 689 km
For driving distances to Saint-Jean-de-Vals from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Saint-Jean-de-Vals