Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard travel guide
Visit Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Sees at 8 km from Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard
Location: Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard is situated in the Orne department (Normandy region) in the north of France at 19 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard is 170 km from Paris and 291 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard: these include Sees at 8 km and Argentan at 17 km. Sassy is a listed remarkable garden at 8 km and Carrouges Chateau is a listed national monument at 16 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard
Bagnoles de l'Orne 36km
Note that all distances from Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard
- Sees: market every Saturday (8km)
- Argentan: market every Tuesday & Friday (17km)
- Alencon: market every Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (19km)
- Le Mele-sur-Sarthe: market every Wednesday (24km)
- Trun: market every Thursday (27km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market every Thursday (31km)
- Briouze: market every Monday (33km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market every Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (35km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market every Saturday (36km)
- Mamers: market every Monday (36km)
- Mortagne-Au-Perche: market every Saturday all day (37km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market every Monday (38km)
- Falaise: market every Saturday (38km)
- Montreuil-l'Argille: market every Tuesday (48km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard map below.
Most Beautiful Village Saint-Ceneri-le-Gerei (26km)
National Monument Carrouges Chateau (16km)
Recommended Detour Argentan (17km)
Regional Natural Parc Normandie-Maine (24km)
Remarkable Garden Sassy (8km)
Map of places to visit near Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard & Location Information
Distance to Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard
from Alencon (local prefecture): 19 km
from Paris: 170 km
from Calais: 291 km
from Nice: 777 km
from Bordeaux: 421 km
from Strasbourg: 565 km
* distances are direct not by road!
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard