Saint-Germain-le-Vieux travel guide
Visit Saint-Germain-le-Vieux: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Saint-Germain-le-Vieux is situated in the Orne (Normandy region) in the north of France at 26 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Saint-Germain-le-Vieux is 152 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Sees at 10 km from Saint-Germain-le-Vieux
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Saint-Germain-le-Vieux. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Saint-Germain-le-Vieux
- Sees: market Saturday (10km)
- Le Mele-sur-Sarthe: market Wednesday (12km)
- Mortagne-Au-Perche: market Saturday all day (20km)
- Tourouvre: market Friday (25km)
- Alencon: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (26km)
- Argentan: market Tuesday & Friday (29km)
- Mamers: market Monday (29km)
- Vitrai-sous-Laigle: market Tuesday (31km)
- Trun: market Thursday (33km)
- Longny-Au-Perche: market Wednesday (33km)
- Montreuil-l'Argille: market Tuesday (38km)
- Remalard: market Monday (39km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market Saturday (43km)
- La Barre-en-Ouche: market Wednesday (45km)
- Le Theil: market Wednesday (48km)
- Falaise: market Saturday (49km)
- Nogent-le-Rotrou: market Saturday all day (49km)
Map of places to visit near Saint-Germain-le-Vieux and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint-Germain-le-Vieux and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
National Monuments Carrouges Chateau (35km)
Regional Natural Parcs Normandie-Maine (42km); Perche (42km)
Remarkable gardens Sassy (23km); Jardin de la petite Rochelle (39km)
Sites of natural beauty Forêt d'Écouves (20km); Signal d'Écouves (22km); Forêt de Perseigne (23km); Mont du Haut-Fourché (40km)
Distance to Saint-Germain-le-Vieux
from Alencon (local prefecture): 26 km
from Paris: 152 km
from Calais: 282 km
from Nice: 764 km
from Bordeaux: 425 km
from Strasbourg: 547 km
We have 12 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Saint-Germain-le-Vieux): Boitron, Brullemail, Courtomer, Ferrieres-la-Verrerie, Gapree, Le Chalange, Le Menil-Guyon, Le Plantis, Montchevrel, Saint-Leonard-Des-Parcs, Tellieres-le-Plessis and Tremont.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Saint-Germain-le-Vieux from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Saint-Germain-le-Vieux