Saint-Frichoux travel guide
Visit Saint-Frichoux: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Saint-Frichoux is situated in the Aude (Languedoc-Roussillon region) in the south of France at 17 km from Carcassonne, the department capital. (General information: Saint-Frichoux is 623 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Caunes-Minervois at 9 km from Saint-Frichoux
Popular places to visit nearby: these include Caunes-Minervois at 9 km and Carcassonne at 16 km . For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
Add comment or photo for Saint-Frichoux
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Saint-Frichoux. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
See France This Way travel guides for Aude (this department) and Languedoc-Roussillon (this region) for more travel ideas in the area of Saint-Frichoux.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Saint-Frichoux
- Olonzac: market Tuesday (15km)
- Carcassonne: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (16km)
- Lezignan-Corbieres: market Wednesday (18km)
- Labastide-Rouairoux: market Thursday (26km)
- Mazamet: market Tuesday & Sunday & Saturday (30km)
- Saint-Pons-de-Thomieres: market Wednesday & Sunday (31km)
- Limoux: market Friday all day (35km)
- Bram: market Wednesday (35km)
- Saint-Chinian: market Thursday & Sunday (37km)
- Narbonne: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Monday - seasonal market only (38km)
- Narbonne: market Sunday (38km)
- Labruguiere: market Friday (40km)
- Capestang: market Sunday (41km)
- Sigean: market Tuesday & Friday (43km)
- Esperaza: market Thursday & Sunday (44km)
- Port-la-Nouvelle: market Saturday - seasonal market only (47km)
- Port-la-Nouvelle: market Wednesday (47km)
- Castres: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (48km)
- Leucate: market Saturday & Monday & Wednesday & Thursday - seasonal market only (54km)
Map of places to visit near Saint-Frichoux and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Saint-Frichoux and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Grand sites of France Carcassonne City (16km)
Heritage sites Carcassonne (16km)
Most beautiful villages in France (see also beautiful French villages) Lagrasse (19km); Minerve (19km); Olargues (45km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour) Limoux (35km)
Regional Natural Parcs Haut-Languedoc (36km)
Churches or other religious monuments Abbaye de Fontfroide (Narbonne) (31km)
Remarkable gardens Jardin de l'Évêché (47km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé) (see also historical French towns) Narbonne (38km)
Sites of natural beauty Gouffre de Cabrespine (14km); Cité de Carcassonne (16km); Grotte de la Devèze (28km); Gorges de l'Orbieu (31km); Forêt de Fontfroide (31km); Mont Caroux (53km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Fraisse-sur-Agout (44km)
zoo or wildlife park African reserve of Sigean (39km)
Distance to Saint-Frichoux
from Carcassonne (local prefecture): 17 km
from Paris: 623 km
from Calais: 857 km
from Nice: 384 km
from Bordeaux: 306 km
from Strasbourg: 716 km
For driving distances to Saint-Frichoux from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Saint-Frichoux