Sainpuits travel guide
Visit Sainpuits: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Guedelon at 10 km from Sainpuits
Location: Sainpuits is situated in the Yonne department (Burgundy region) in the eastern-center of France at 39 km from Auxerre, the department capital. (General information: Sainpuits is 163 km from Paris and 395 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Sainpuits: these include Guedelon at 10 km and Clamecy at 21 km. Eglise de Notre-Dame-du-Pré (Donzy) is a listed religious monument at 20 km and Clamecy is a listed secteur sauvegarde at 21 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Sainpuits, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Sainpuits
La Charite-sur-Loire 42km
Note that all distances from Sainpuits shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Sainpuits holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Sainpuits
- Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye: market every Wednesday (12km)
- Saint-Fargeau: market every Friday (19km)
- Clamecy: market every Saturday (21km)
- Toucy: market every Saturday (24km)
- Cosne-Cours-sur-Loire: market every Wednesday & Sunday & Friday (28km)
- Bleneau: market every Tuesday (31km)
- Beaulieu-sur-Loire: market every Wednesday (33km)
- Saint-Satur: market every Thursday (36km)
- Auxerre: market every Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (39km)
- Chatillon-sur-Loire: market every Thursday (39km)
- Vermenton: market every Friday (39km)
- Aillant-sur-Tholon: market every Tuesday (40km)
- Briare: market every Friday (42km)
- Corbigny: market every Friday (43km)
- Chatillon-Coligny: market every Friday (46km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Sainpuits and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Sainpuits map below.
Heritage Site Vezelay (37km); Vézelay basilica St Madeleine (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (37km); Asquins église St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (38km); Abbatiale Notre-Dame de La Charité-sur-Loire (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (42km)
Recommended Detour Sancerre (38km)
Religious Monument Eglise de Notre-Dame-du-Pré (Donzy) (20km); Prieuré de Saint Révérien (Saint-Reverien) (39km); Eglise de Saint Barthélémy (Cervon) (49km)
Remarkable Garden Potager du jardin du château de La Bussière (48km); Arboretum national des Barres (51km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Arboretum national des Barres (51km)
Town Of Art And History Auxerre (39km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Briare (42km)
Map of places to visit near Sainpuits & Location Information
Distance to Sainpuits
from Auxerre (local prefecture): 39 km
from Paris: 163 km
from Calais: 395 km
from Nice: 527 km
from Bordeaux: 419 km
from Strasbourg: 354 km
* distances are direct not by road!
Yonne is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors fly into Paris orly or Charles de Gaulle airports and rent a car or drive from a channel ferry port - allow about 5 - 6 hours driving time. For driving distances to Sainpuits from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Sainpuits