Roumegoux travel guide
Visit Roumegoux: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Laroquebrou at 13 km from Roumegoux
Location: Roumegoux is situated in the Cantal department (Auvergne region) in the southern-centre of France at 21 km from Aurillac, the department capital. (General information: Roumegoux is 445 km from Paris and 678 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Roumegoux: these include Laroquebrou at 13 km and Marcoles at 15 km. Chateau Montal is a listed national monument at 27 km and Castelnau-Bretenoux Chateau is a listed national monument at 30 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Roumegoux, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Roumegoux
Note that all distances from Roumegoux shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Roumegoux holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Roumegoux
- Laroquebrou: market every Friday - seasonal market only - (12km)
- Maurs: market every Thursday (16km)
- Aurillac: market every Wednesday & Saturday (20km)
- Bretenoux: market every Tuesday (29km)
- Figeac: market every Saturday (31km)
- Decazeville: market every Tuesday & Friday (33km)
- Monceaux-sur-Dordogne: market every Thursday - seasonal market only - (34km)
- Firmi: market every Saturday (36km)
- Mur-de-Barrez: market every Thursday (37km)
- Aubin: market every Wednesday & Friday (37km)
- Cransac: market every Tuesday - seasonal market only - (37km)
- Entraygues: market every Tuesday & Wednesday - seasonal market only - (37km)
- Entraygues: market every Friday & (37km)
- Vayrac: market every Thursday & Saturday (40km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Roumegoux and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Roumegoux map below.
Grand Site Of France Puy Mary (47km)
Heritage Site Figeac Hopital St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (31km); Conques pont sur le Dourdou (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (33km); Conques abbatiale Sainte-Foy (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (33km); Gréalou dolmen de Pech-Laglaire (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (44km); Estaing pont sur le Lot (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (50km)
National Monument Chateau Montal (27km); Castelnau-Bretenoux Chateau (30km); Assier Chateau (32km)
Recommended Detour Figeac (31km)
Religious Monument Eglise de Saint Pierre (Carennac) (37km)
Remarkable Garden Verger de Déduit (43km)
Secteur Sauvegarde Figeac (31km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Gouffre de Padirac (35km); Puy Griou (47km)
Town Of Art And History Figeac (31km); Salins (40km)
Map of places to visit near Roumegoux & Location Information
Distance to Roumegoux
from Aurillac (local prefecture): 21 km
from Paris: 445 km
from Calais: 678 km
from Nice: 423 km
from Bordeaux: 219 km
from Strasbourg: 592 km
* distances are direct not by road!
For driving distances to Roumegoux from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Roumegoux