Rouffiac travel guide
Visit Rouffiac: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Pons at 12 km from Rouffiac
Location: Rouffiac is situated in the Charente-Maritime department (Poitou-Charentes region) in the west of France at 73 km from La Rochelle, the department capital. (General information: Rouffiac is 413 km from Paris and 610 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Rouffiac: these include Pons at 12 km and Saintes at 13 km. Abbaye de Fontdouce (Saint-Bris-des-Bois) is a listed religious monument at 10 km and Eglise de Saint-Germain (Gimeux) is a listed religious monument at 11 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Rouffiac, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Rouffiac
Saint-Jean d'Angely 29km
Note that all distances from Rouffiac shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Rouffiac holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Rouffiac
- Pons: market every Wednesday and Saturday (12km)
- Cognac: market every Tuesday & Friday (13km)
- Matha: market every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday (25km)
- Jarnac: market every every day except Monday (26km)
- Jonzac: market every Tuesday & Saturday (27km)
- Cozes: market every Wednesday (29km)
- Saujon: market every every day except Monday and Friday (33km)
- Barbezieux-Saint-Hilaire: market every Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (36km)
- Meschers-sur-Gironde: market every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - seasonal market only - (38km)
- Aulnay: market every Sunday (39km)
- Saint Georges de Didonne: market every all days exc. Thursday - seasonal market only - (39km)
- Saint Georges de Didonne: market every Sunday and Monday (39km)
- Echillais: market every Wednesday (42km)
- Rochefort: market every Tuesday and Thurday (46km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Rouffiac and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Rouffiac map below.
Heritage Site Saintes basilique St Eutrope (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (13km); Pons ancien hopital des pèlerins (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (14km); Saint-Jean-d'Angély, abbaye royale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (29km); Aulnay église St Pierre (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (39km)
Most Beautiful Village Talmont (36km)
Recommended Detour Jonzac (27km)
Religious Monument Abbaye de Fontdouce (Saint-Bris-des-Bois) (10km); Eglise de Saint-Germain (Gimeux) (11km); Abbaye aux Dames de Saintes (Saintes) (12km); Abbaye Notre Dame de l'Assomption de Châtre (Saint-Brice) (19km); Eglise de Saint Martin (Gensac-la-Pallue) (19km); Eglise de Saint-Savinien (Fenioux) (24km); Eglise de Saint Pierre et eglise de Saint Hérie (Matha) (24km); Eglise de Saint Vivien (Bagnizeau) (27km); Eglise de Saint Germain (Varaize) (27km); Eglise de Saint-Brice (Saint-Mande-sur-Bredoire) (40km)
Remarkable Garden La Roche Courbon (27km); Jardin du Chaigne (31km); Parcs et jardins du château de Beaulon (33km)
Secteur Sauvegarde Saintes (11km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Saintes (11km)
Map of places to visit near Rouffiac & Location Information
Distance to Rouffiac
from La Rochelle (local prefecture): 73 km
from Paris: 413 km
from Calais: 610 km
from Nice: 652 km
from Bordeaux: 95 km
from Strasbourg: 702 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 9 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Rouffiac): Brives-sur-Charente, Chaniers, Cherac, Colombiers, Dompierre-sur-Charente, Montils, Saint-Sauvant, Saint-Sever-de-Saintonge and Salignac-sur-Charente.
Charente-Maritime is in the west of France. Most visitors will arrive by car typically from a channel ferry ports such as Saint Malo, Caen or Cherbourg, a drive af about 4-5 hours. For driving distances to Rouffiac from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Rouffiac