Rouen tourism and travel guide
Visit Rouen: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: The cathedral and cobbled streets in the old town are just two of the many highlights in the lovely town of Rouen.
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Rouen. For detailed visitor information see the Rouen travel guide
Rouen is situated in the Seine-Maritime, Normandy region, in the north of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Seine-Maritime department. (General information: Rouen is 112 km from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Rouen include "town of art and history" and "secteur sauvegarde".
Rouen reviews and comments:
We found this play area in the center of Rouen, very restful after a day walking with the children.
It was a very welcome chance to enjoy a snack while the children enjoyed themselves, with lots of children games and a trampoline, at 12 rue de l'Ecureuil and called KIDS WORLD.
Rouen, France Rating: 5/5 Reviewed by Walsh the
Rouen, France: places to visit and attractions
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend when sightseeing close to Rouen in Normandy. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Seine-Maritime
Map of places to visit near Rouen
Markets in and near Rouen
Market days in Rouen: weekly market: Tuesday all day & Sunday & Saturday all day & Friday;
- Rouen: market Tuesday all day & Sunday & Saturday all day & Friday (0km)
- Le Petit-Quevilly: market Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (0km)
- Le Grand-Quevilly: market Tuesday & Friday (1km)
- Sotteville-les-Rouen: market Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (2km)
- Canteleu: market Saturday (5km)
- Bonsecours: market Friday (5km)
- Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray: market Wednesday (5km)
- Mont-Saint-Aignan: market Wednesday (5km)
- Bihorel: market Wednesday & Saturday & Friday (7km)
- Darnetal: market Sunday (7km)
More information about Rouen, Normandy
Tourist attractions to visit near Rouen, France
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Rouen and wondering what to do next!
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Abbey of Bec-Hellouin (32km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
Churches and religious monuments
- Abbaye Saint Georges de Boscherville (Saint-Martin-de-Boscherville) (8km) [Map]
- Abbaye de Jumièges (Jumieges) (18km) [Map]
- Abbaye Saint-Georges (8km) [Map]
- Parc du manoir de Villers (10km) [Map]
- Jardin Plume (18km) [Map]
- Jardins du château de Vandrimare (21km) [Map]
- Clos du Coudray (27km) [Map]
- Jardin de Bellevue (31km) [Map]
- Jardins du château du Champ de Bataille (31km) [Map]
- Jardins de Bosmelet (32km) [Map]
- Arboretum d'Harcourt (33km) [Map]
- Parc de Galleville (40km) [Map]
- Les jardins du château de Saint-Just (43km) [Map]
- Jardin d'art et d'essais (46km) [Map]
- Les jardins du château de Miserey (46km) [Map]
- Jardin du musée d’art américain (50km) [Map]
- Jardin de Claude Monet (51km) [Map]
- Domaine de Villarceaux (56km) [Map]
Towns of Art and history
- Elbeuf (14km) [Map]
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc zoologique de Clères (21km) [Map]
Geography and distances
Distance to Rouen
from Rouen (prefecture): 4 km
from Paris: 112 km
from Calais: 180 km
from Nice: 792 km
from Bordeaux: 524 km
from Strasbourg: 496 km
Rouen is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive by car, with Le Havre and Dieppe on the coast here being very convenient. For driving distances to Rouen from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 14 other places listed as being close (less than 6 kilometres from Rouen): Amfreville-la-Mi-Voie, Belbeuf, Bihorel, Bonsecours, Canteleu, Le Grand-Quevilly, Le Mesnil-Esnard, Le Petit-Quevilly, Mont-Saint-Aignan, Montigny, Petit-Couronne, Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray, Sotteville-les-Rouen and Val-de-la-Haye.
This page in French: Visitez Rouen