Riviere-sur-Tarn travel guide
Visit Riviere-sur-Tarn: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Millau at 11 km from Riviere-sur-Tarn
Location: Riviere-sur-Tarn is situated in the Aveyron department (Midi-Pyrenees region) in the southern-centre of France at 48 km from Rodez, the department capital. (General information: Riviere-sur-Tarn is 522 km from Paris and 758 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Riviere-sur-Tarn: these include Millau at 11 km and Millau bridge at 14 km. Maison des vautours (vultures) is a listed zoo or wildlife park at 9 km and Chaos de Montpellier-le-Vieux is a listed site of natural beauty at 10 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Riviere-sur-Tarn, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Riviere-sur-Tarn
Millau bridge 14km
Gorges du Tarn 17km
La Couvertoirade 34km
Le Vigan 44km
Note that all distances from Riviere-sur-Tarn shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Riviere-sur-Tarn holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Riviere-sur-Tarn
- Millau: market every Wednesday & Friday (11km)
- Severac-le-Chateau: market every Thursday (16km)
- Salles-Curan: market every Saturday - seasonal market only - (27km)
- Sainte-Enimie: market every Wednesday & Saturday (30km)
- Saint-Affrique: market every Thursday & Saturday (32km)
- Laissac: market every Tuesday (33km)
- Villefranche-de-Panat: market every Sunday - seasonal market only - (36km)
- Arvieu: market every Wednesday - seasonal market only - (37km)
- Ispagnac: market every Tuesday & Saturday (38km)
- Le Vigan: market every Saturday (44km)
- Mende: market every Saturday all day (47km)
- Espalion: market every Friday (47km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Riviere-sur-Tarn and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Riviere-sur-Tarn map below.
Grand Site Of France Gorges du Tarn (29km); Cirque de Navacelles (45km)
Heritage Site Espalion Pont Vieux (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (47km)
Regional Natural Parc Grands Causses (21km)
Religious Monument Abbaye de Sylvanès (Sylvanes) (42km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Chaos de Montpellier-le-Vieux (10km); Aven Armand (grotte) (18km); Abîme de Bramabiau (28km); Chaos de Nimes-le-Vieux (31km); Cirque de Vissec (41km)
Village D'etape La Canourgue (28km)
Zoo Or Wildlife Park Maison des vautours (vultures) (9km); Parc à loups du Gévaudan (wolves) (20km)
Map of places to visit near Riviere-sur-Tarn & Location Information
Distance to Riviere-sur-Tarn
from Rodez (local prefecture): 48 km
from Paris: 522 km
from Calais: 758 km
from Nice: 336 km
from Bordeaux: 303 km
from Strasbourg: 603 km
* distances are direct not by road!
For driving distances to Riviere-sur-Tarn from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Riviere-sur-Tarn