Rimont travel guide
Visit Rimont: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Montjoie-en-Couserans at 10 km from Rimont
Location: Rimont is situated in the Ariege department (Midi-Pyrenees region) in the south of France at 27 km from Foix, the department capital. (General information: Rimont is 657 km from Paris and 885 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Rimont: these include Montjoie-en-Couserans at 10 km and Saint-Girons at 11 km. Saint Lizier cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) is a listed heritage site at 12 km and Saint-Lizier is a listed most beautiful village at 12 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Rimont, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Rimont
Grotte de Lombrives 33km
Note that all distances from Rimont shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Rimont holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Rimont
- Saint-Girons: market every Saturday (11km)
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market every Thursday (12km)
- Seix: market every Wednesday - seasonal market only - (16km)
- Aulus-les-Bains: market every Sunday - seasonal market only - (23km)
- Salies-du-Salat: market every Monday (29km)
- Cazeres: market every Saturday (29km)
- Pamiers: market every Tuesday & Saturday (30km)
- Lezat-sur-Leze: market every Saturday (32km)
- Carbonne: market every Thursday (35km)
- Saverdun: market every Friday (36km)
- Aspet: market every Wednesday & Saturday (39km)
- Auterive: market every Friday (43km)
- Mazeres: market every Thursday (43km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Rimont and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Rimont map below.
Most Beautiful Village Saint-Lizier (12km)
Regional Natural Parc Pyrenees Ariegeoises (12km)
Remarkable Garden Parc aux Bambous (42km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Vallée de Vicdessos (34km)
Map of places to visit near Rimont & Location Information
Distance to Rimont
from Foix (local prefecture): 27 km
from Paris: 657 km
from Calais: 885 km
from Nice: 490 km
from Bordeaux: 253 km
from Strasbourg: 798 km
* distances are direct not by road!
For driving distances to Rimont from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Rimont