Raissac travel guide
Visit Raissac: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Montsegur at 8 km from Raissac
Location: Raissac is situated in the Ariege department (Midi-Pyrenees region) in the south of France at 17 km from Foix, the department capital. (General information: Raissac is 659 km from Paris and 890 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Raissac: these include Montsegur at 8 km and Camon at 16 km. Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes is a listed site of natural beauty at 11 km and Camon is a listed most beautiful village at 16 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Raissac, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Raissac
Grotte de Lombrives 21km
Gorges de l'Aude 31km
Note that all distances from Raissac shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Raissac holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Raissac
- Lavelanet: market every Wednesday & Friday (3km)
- Belesta: market every Tuesday & Thursday (11km)
- Mirepoix: market every Thursday & Monday (17km)
- Ax-les-Thermes: market every Thursday - seasonal market only - (25km)
- Ax-les-Thermes: market every Tuesday & Saturday (25km)
- Pamiers: market every Tuesday & Saturday (26km)
- Quillan: market every Wednesday & Saturday (31km)
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market every Thursday (32km)
- Esperaza: market every Thursday & Sunday (34km)
- Limoux: market every Friday all day (35km)
- Mazeres: market every Thursday (36km)
- Saverdun: market every Friday (38km)
- Bram: market every Wednesday (42km)
- Aulus-les-Bains: market every Sunday - seasonal market only - (42km)
- Lezat-sur-Leze: market every Saturday (53km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Raissac and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Raissac map below.
Most Beautiful Village Camon (16km)
Recommended Detour Limoux (36km)
Regional Natural Parc Pyrenees Ariegeoises (32km)
Remarkable Garden Parc aux Bambous (23km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (11km); Vallée de Vicdessos (39km)
Map of places to visit near Raissac & Location Information
Distance to Raissac
from Foix (local prefecture): 17 km
from Paris: 659 km
from Calais: 890 km
from Nice: 449 km
from Bordeaux: 285 km
from Strasbourg: 778 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 18 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Raissac): Benaix, Carla-de-Roquefort, Dreuilhe, Esclagne, Ilhat, Laroque-d'Olmes, Lavelanet, Lieurac, Montferrier, Nalzen, Pereille, Pradettes, Roquefixade, Roquefort-les-Cascades, Saint-Jean-d'Aigues-Vives, Sautel, Tabre and Villeneuve-d'Olmes.
For driving distances to Raissac from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Raissac