Notre-Dame-de-Riez travel guide
Visit Notre-Dame-de-Riez: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez at 4 km from Notre-Dame-de-Riez
Location: Notre-Dame-de-Riez is situated in the Vendee department (Pays-de-la-Loire region) in the west of France at 38 km from La Roche-sur-Yon, the department capital. (General information: Notre-Dame-de-Riez is 395 km from Paris and 542 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Notre-Dame-de-Riez: these include Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez at 4 km and Saint Gilles Croix de Vie at 6 km. Saint-Jean-de-Monts is a listed ville fleurie 4* at 13 km and Notre-Dame-de-Monts is a listed ville fleurie 4* at 19 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Notre-Dame-de-Riez, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Notre-Dame-de-Riez
Sables d'Olonne 29km
Ile d'Yeu 33km
Port Bourgenay 38km
Note that all distances from Notre-Dame-de-Riez shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Notre-Dame-de-Riez holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Notre-Dame-de-Riez
- Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez: market every Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Monday & Friday (4km)
- Saint Gilles Croix de Vie: market every Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (6km)
- Challans: market every Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (11km)
- Saint-Jean-de-Monts: market every Wednesday & Saturday (13km)
- Bretignolles-sur-Mer: market every Thursday & Sunday (14km)
- Brem-sur-Mer: market every Tuesday & Friday (17km)
- Notre-Dame-de-Monts: market every Sunday (19km)
- Beauvoir-sur-Mer: market every Thursday (21km)
- La Barre-de-Monts: market every Saturday (22km)
- La Mothe-Achard: market every Friday (24km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Notre-Dame-de-Riez and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Notre-Dame-de-Riez map below.
National Monument Georges Clemenceau house (46km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Marais de Machecoul (28km); Lac de Grand-Lieu (43km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Saint-Jean-de-Monts (13km); Notre-Dame-de-Monts (19km)
Zoo Or Wildlife Park Parc zoologique des Sables-d'Olonne (31km)
Map of places to visit near Notre-Dame-de-Riez & Location Information
Distance to Notre-Dame-de-Riez
from La Roche-sur-Yon (local prefecture): 38 km
from Paris: 395 km
from Calais: 542 km
from Nice: 794 km
from Bordeaux: 236 km
from Strasbourg: 751 km
* distances are direct not by road!
Vendee is in the west of France. Most visitors arrive by car from a cross-channel ferry port - Saint Malo is convenient at around 3 hours drive. For driving distances to Notre-Dame-de-Riez from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Notre-Dame-de-Riez