Moulins tourism and travel guide
Visit Moulins: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: In the historic centre of Moulins it is the cathedral that is the most imposing monument
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Moulins. For detailed visitor information see the Moulins travel guide.
Moulins is situated in the Allier department and Auvergne region (now part of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region), in the south of France - it is the prefecture (capital) of the Allier department (general information: Moulins is 265 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Moulins include "town of art and history".
Moulins, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Moulins in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Allier
Map of places to visit near Moulins
Markets in and near Moulins
Market days in Moulins: weekly market: Tuesday & Friday;
- Moulins: market Tuesday & Friday (0km)
- Yzeure: market Wednesday (2km)
- Noyant-d'Allier: market Wednesday (18km)
- Bourbon-l'Archambault: market Saturday (21km)
- Dompierre-sur-Besbre: market Saturday (27km)
- Varennes-sur-Allier: market Tuesday (28km)
- Jaligny-sur-Besbre: market Wednesday (29km)
- Saint-Pourcain-sur-Sioule: market Wednesday & Saturday (29km)
- Decize: market Friday (31km)
- Lurcy-Levis: market Monday (35km)
More information about Moulins, Auvergne
Tourist attractions near Moulins, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Moulins.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Chareil-Cintrat Chateau (34km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour)
- Lapalisse (42km)
Churches and religious monuments
- Eglise de Saint Georges (Bourbon-l'Archambault) (21km)
- Eglise de Saint Martin (Ygrande) (24km)
- Eglise de Sainte-Marie-Madeleine (Neuilly-en-Donjon) (49km)
- Arboretum de Balaine (16km)
- Parc floral d'Apremont (44km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Forêt des Colettes (52km)
Amusement park / theme park
- Le PAL (27km)
(recommended place to break a long journey)
- Montmarault (40km)
Zoo and/or wildlife park
- Parc d'Attractions et Animalier (PAL) (24km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Moulins
from Moulins (prefecture): 0 km
from Paris: 265 km
from Calais: 499 km
from Nice: 443 km
from Bordeaux: 359 km
from Strasbourg: 400 km
For driving distances to Moulins from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Moulins