Mortree travel guide
Visit Mortree: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Sees at 8 km from Mortree
Location: Mortree is situated in the Orne department (Normandy region) in the north of France at 23 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Mortree is 168 km from Paris and 287 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Mortree: these include Sees at 8 km and Argentan at 14 km. Sassy is a listed remarkable garden at 6 km and Argentan is a listed recommended detour at 14 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Mortree, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Mortree
Bagnoles de l'Orne 38km
Note that all distances from Mortree shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Mortree holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Mortree
- Sees: market every Saturday (8km)
- Argentan: market every Tuesday & Friday (14km)
- Trun: market every Thursday (23km)
- Alencon: market every Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (23km)
- Le Mele-sur-Sarthe: market every Wednesday (24km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market every Thursday (33km)
- Briouze: market every Monday (34km)
- Falaise: market every Saturday (35km)
- Mortagne-Au-Perche: market every Saturday all day (37km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market every Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (38km)
- Mamers: market every Monday (39km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market every Saturday (40km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market every Monday (42km)
- Montreuil-l'Argille: market every Tuesday (44km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Mortree and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Mortree map below.
Most Beautiful Village Saint-Ceneri-le-Gerei (30km)
National Monument Carrouges Chateau (19km)
Recommended Detour Argentan (14km)
Regional Natural Parc Normandie-Maine (28km)
Remarkable Garden Sassy (6km); Jardins du château de Vendeuvre (40km)
Map of places to visit near Mortree & Location Information
Distance to Mortree
from Alencon (local prefecture): 23 km
from Paris: 168 km
from Calais: 287 km
from Nice: 779 km
from Bordeaux: 426 km
from Strasbourg: 564 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 10 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Mortree): Belfonds, Boissei-la-Lande, Le Cercueil, Le Chateau-d'Almeneches, Mace, Marcei, Medavy, Montmerrei, Saint-Christophe-le-Jajolet and Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Mortree from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Mortree