Mortrée travel guide
Visit Mortrée: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Mortrée is situated in the Orne (Normandy region) in the north of France at 23 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Mortrée is 168 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Sees at 8 km from Mortrée
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Mortrée. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Mortrée
- Sees: market Saturday (8km)
- Argentan: market Tuesday & Friday (14km)
- Trun: market Thursday (23km)
- Alencon: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (23km)
- Le Mele-sur-Sarthe: market Wednesday (24km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market Thursday (33km)
- Briouze: market Monday (34km)
- Falaise: market Saturday (35km)
- Mortagne-Au-Perche: market Saturday all day (37km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (38km)
- Mamers: market Monday (39km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market Saturday (40km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market Monday (42km)
- Montreuil-l'Argille: market Tuesday (44km)
Map of places to visit near Mortrée and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Mortrée and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
National Monuments Carrouges Chateau (19km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour) Argentan (14km)
Regional Natural Parcs Normandie-Maine (28km)
Remarkable gardens Sassy (6km); Jardins du château de Vendeuvre (40km)
Sites of natural beauty Signal d'Écouves (10km); Forêt d'Écouves (11km); Forêt de Perseigne (29km); Mont du Haut-Fourché (34km); Rochers des Parcs (50km)
Distance to Mortrée
from Alencon (local prefecture): 23 km
from Paris: 168 km
from Calais: 287 km
from Nice: 779 km
from Bordeaux: 426 km
from Strasbourg: 564 km
We have found 10 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Mortree): Belfonds, Boissei-la-Lande, Le Cercueil, Le Chateau-d'Almeneches, Mace, Marcei, Medavy, Montmerrei, Saint-Christophe-le-Jajolet and Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Mortrée from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Mortrée