Montpothier travel guide
Visit Montpothier: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Montpothier is situated in the Aube (Champagne-Ardenne region) in the north-east of France at 51 km from Troyes, the department capital. (General information: Montpothier is 92 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Provins at 16 km from Montpothier
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Montpothier. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
See France This Way travel guides for Champagne-Ardenne (this region) for more travel ideas in the area of Montpothier.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Montpothier
- Villenauxe-la-Grande: market Friday (4km)
- Nogent-sur-Seine: market Wednesday (9km)
- Romilly-sur-Seine: market Thursday & Saturday & Monday (17km)
- Esternay: market Tuesday (18km)
- Sezanne: market Saturday all day (22km)
- Marigny-le-Chatel: market Sunday (24km)
- Bray-sur-Seine: market Friday (27km)
- Mery-sur-Seine: market Saturday (28km)
- La Ferte-Gaucher: market Sunday (28km)
- Donnemarie-Dontilly: market Monday (31km)
- Plancy-l'Abbaye: market Tuesday (33km)
- Montmirail: market Monday (34km)
- Palis: market Thursday (35km)
- Nangis: market Wednesday & Saturday (37km)
- Villeneuve-l'Archeveque: market Saturday (37km)
- Estissac: market Sunday (39km)
- Pont-sur-Yonne: market Wednesday & Sunday (40km)
- Fere-Champenoise: market Wednesday (40km)
- Aix-en-Othe: market Wednesday & Saturday (42km)
- Villeneuve-la-Guyard: market Monday (42km)
- Coulommiers: market Wednesday & Sunday (42km)
- La Chapelle-Saint-Luc: market Wednesday & Sunday (48km)
- Sainte-Savine: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (50km)
Map of places to visit near Montpothier and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Montpothier and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
National Monuments Chateau de Motte-Tilly (13km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour) Provins (16km)
Churches or other religious monuments Collegiale Saint Quiriace (Provins) (17km); Eglises de Saint Loup (Saint-Loup-de-Naud) (23km)
Remarkable gardens Jardin botanique de Marnay-sur-Seine (7km); Entre Cour et Jardin (22km); Parc du château de Thorigny (32km); Jardins de Viels-Maisons (37km); Jardin du château de Barberey-Saint-Sulpice (46km)
Sites of natural beauty Forêt de la Traconne (13km)
Distance to Montpothier
from Troyes (local prefecture): 51 km
from Paris: 92 km
from Calais: 290 km
from Nice: 613 km
from Bordeaux: 519 km
from Strasbourg: 311 km
We have 9 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Montpothier): Barbuise, Chalautre-la-Grande, La Saulsotte, Louan-Villegruis-Fontaine, Montgenost, Plessis-Barbuise, Pont-sur-Seine, Saint-Nicolas-la-Chapelle and Villenauxe-la-Grande.
For driving distances to Montpothier from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Montpothier