Montmerrei travel guide
Visit Montmerrei: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Sees at 10 km from Montmerrei
Location: Montmerrei is situated in the Orne department (Normandy region) in the north of France at 23 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Montmerrei is 171 km from Paris and 289 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Montmerrei: these include Sees at 10 km and Argentan at 13 km. Sassy is a listed remarkable garden at 4 km and Argentan is a listed recommended detour at 13 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Montmerrei, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Montmerrei
Bagnoles de l'Orne 35km
Note that all distances from Montmerrei shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Montmerrei holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Montmerrei
- Sees: market every Saturday (10km)
- Argentan: market every Tuesday & Friday (13km)
- Alencon: market every Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (23km)
- Trun: market every Thursday (23km)
- Le Mele-sur-Sarthe: market every Wednesday (27km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market every Thursday (29km)
- Briouze: market every Monday (31km)
- Falaise: market every Saturday (34km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market every Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (34km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market every Saturday (39km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market every Monday (39km)
- Mortagne-Au-Perche: market every Saturday all day (40km)
- Mamers: market every Monday (40km)
- Montreuil-l'Argille: market every Tuesday (47km)
- Thury-Harcourt: market every Tuesday (54km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Montmerrei and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Montmerrei map below.
Most Beautiful Village Saint-Ceneri-le-Gerei (29km)
National Monument Carrouges Chateau (16km)
Recommended Detour Argentan (13km)
Regional Natural Parc Normandie-Maine (25km)
Remarkable Garden Sassy (4km); Jardins du château de Vendeuvre (40km)
Map of places to visit near Montmerrei & Location Information
Distance to Montmerrei
from Alencon (local prefecture): 23 km
from Paris: 171 km
from Calais: 289 km
from Nice: 781 km
from Bordeaux: 425 km
from Strasbourg: 567 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 10 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Montmerrei): Belfonds, Boissei-la-Lande, La Belliere, Le Cercueil, Marcei, Medavy, Mortree, Saint-Christophe-le-Jajolet, Saint-Hilaire-la-Gerard and Vrigny.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Montmerrei from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Montmerrei