Monthaut travel guide
Visit Monthaut: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Camon at 10 km from Monthaut
Location: Monthaut is situated in the Aude department (Languedoc-Roussillon region) in the south of France at 28 km from Carcassonne, the department capital. (General information: Monthaut is 643 km from Paris and 875 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Monthaut: these include Camon at 10 km and Limoux at 13 km. Camon is a listed most beautiful village at 10 km and Limoux is a listed recommended detour at 13 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Monthaut, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Monthaut
Gorges de l'Aude 24km
La Pomarede 38km
Note that all distances from Monthaut shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Monthaut holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Monthaut
- Limoux: market every Friday all day (12km)
- Mirepoix: market every Thursday & Monday (15km)
- Bram: market every Wednesday (19km)
- Esperaza: market every Thursday & Sunday (21km)
- Belesta: market every Tuesday & Thursday (22km)
- Lavelanet: market every Wednesday & Friday (24km)
- Quillan: market every Wednesday & Saturday (25km)
- Castelnaudary: market every Monday all day (28km)
- Carcassonne: market every Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (28km)
- Mazeres: market every Thursday (36km)
- Pamiers: market every Tuesday & Saturday (38km)
- Saverdun: market every Friday (43km)
- Ax-les-Thermes: market every Thursday - seasonal market only - (44km)
- Ax-les-Thermes: market every Tuesday & Saturday (44km)
- Villefranche-de-Lauragais: market every Friday (45km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Monthaut and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Monthaut map below.
Grand Site Of France Carcassonne City (28km)
Heritage Site Carcassonne (28km)
Most Beautiful Village Camon (10km)
Recommended Detour Limoux (13km)
Remarkable Garden Parc aux Bambous (27km)
Secteur Sauvegarde Carcassonne (28km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (22km); Gorges de Galamus (43km); Gouffre de Cabrespine (45km)
Map of places to visit near Monthaut & Location Information
Distance to Monthaut
from Carcassonne (local prefecture): 28 km
from Paris: 643 km
from Calais: 875 km
from Nice: 426 km
from Bordeaux: 288 km
from Strasbourg: 754 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have found 18 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Monthaut): Ajac, Alaigne, Bellegarde-du-Razes, Belveze-du-Razes, Cambieure, Castelreng, Courtauly, Donazac, Gueytes-et-Labastide, Hounoux, La Bezole, Lignairolles, Loupia, Montgradail, Peyrefitte-du-Razes, Pomy, Routier and Villelongue-d'Aude.
For driving distances to Monthaut from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Monthaut