Montaigu travel guide
Visit Montaigu: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Laon at 16 km from Montaigu
Location: Montaigu is situated in the Aisne department (Picardy region) in the north of France at 15 km from Laon, the department capital. (General information: Montaigu is 132 km from Paris and 211 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Montaigu: these include Laon at 16 km and Parfondeval at 33 km. Laon is a listed secteur sauvegarde at 14 km and Laon is a listed town of art and history at 16 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Montaigu, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Montaigu
Note that all distances from Montaigu shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Montaigu holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Montaigu
- Laon: market every Thursday (14km)
- Guignicourt: market every Friday (15km)
- Marle: market every Friday (23km)
- Fismes: market every Saturday (27km)
- Rozoy-sur-Serre: market every Wednesday (29km)
- Braine: market every Friday (30km)
- Vervins: market every Saturday (33km)
- Reims: market every Every day (34km)
- Rethel: market every Thursday (39km)
- Soissons: market every Wednesday & Saturday (40km)
- Tergnier: market every Thursday & Sunday (42km)
- Origny-Sainte-Benoite: market every Thursday (42km)
- Fere-en-Tardenois: market every Wednesday (44km)
- Saint-Quentin: market every Wednesday & Sunday & Friday (52km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Montaigu and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Montaigu map below.
Heritage Site Reims Cathedral, Abbey and Palace (35km)
Most Beautiful Village Parfondeval (33km)
National Monument Tau Palace (34km); Towers of Reims Cathedral (34km); Chateau Coucy (37km)
Religious Monument Cathédrale de Reims (Reims) (35km); Eglise de Berzy-le-Sec (Berzy-le-sec) (44km)
Remarkable Garden Jardin de Bosmont-sur-Serre (22km); Jardins du château (37km)
Secteur Sauvegarde Laon (14km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Ebouleau (16km); Vivaise (22km); Reims (34km)
Map of places to visit near Montaigu & Location Information
Distance to Montaigu
from Laon (local prefecture): 15 km
from Paris: 132 km
from Calais: 211 km
from Nice: 699 km
from Bordeaux: 619 km
from Strasbourg: 304 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 14 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Montaigu): Aizelles, Arrancy, Aubigny-en-Laonnois, Berrieux, Coucy-les-Eppes, Courtrizy-et-Fussigny, Festieux, Goudelancourt-les-Berrieux, Marchais, Mauregny-en-Haye, Saint-Erme-Outre-et-Ramecourt, Saint-Thomas, Sainte-Croix and Sissonne.
For driving distances to Montaigu from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Montaigu