Monsegur travel guide
Visit Monsegur: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Orthez at 22 km from Monsegur
Location: Monsegur is situated in the Landes department (Aquitaine region) in the south-west of France at 32 km from Mont-de-Marsan, the department capital. (General information: Monsegur is 625 km from Paris and 836 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Monsegur: these include Orthez at 22 km and Mont-de-Marsan at 32 km. Hagetmau is a listed ville fleurie 4* at 7 km and Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) is a listed heritage site at 17 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Monsegur, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Monsegur
Note that all distances from Monsegur shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Monsegur holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Monsegur
- Hagetmau: market every Wednesday all day (7km)
- Amou: market every Sunday (16km)
- Arthez-de-Bearn: market every Saturday (16km)
- Artix: market every Wednesday & Sunday (23km)
- Orthez: market every Tuesday (23km)
- Mourenx: market every Wednesday & Saturday (25km)
- Monein: market every Monday (32km)
- Mont-de-Marsan: market every Tuesday all day & Saturday (32km)
- Tartas: market every Saturday (33km)
- Salies-de-Bearn: market every Thursday (34km)
- Navarrenx: market every Wednesday (36km)
- Pau: market every every day except Sunday (37km)
- Riscle: market every Friday (37km)
- Saint-Palais: market every Friday (50km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Monsegur and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Monsegur map below.
Heritage Site Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (17km); Aire sur l'Adour église St Quitterie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (24km); Eglise St Blaise (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (43km)
Remarkable Garden Jardin du château de Momas (19km); Jardins du château de Viven (21km)
Map of places to visit near Monsegur & Location Information
Distance to Monsegur
from Mont-de-Marsan (local prefecture): 32 km
from Paris: 625 km
from Calais: 836 km
from Nice: 628 km
from Bordeaux: 137 km
from Strasbourg: 845 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 12 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Monsegur): Castelner, Hagetmau, Labastide-Chalosse, Lacrabe, Malaussanne, Mant, Monget, Morganx, Peyre, Poudenx, Samadet and Serres-Gaston.
Landes is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into the region's airports at Bordeaux or Biarritz. The drive down the west coast from Saint Malo ferry port requires about 8 hours. For driving distances to Monsegur from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Monsegur