Mirepeix travel guide
Visit Mirepeix: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Mirepeix is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques (Aquitaine region) in the south-west of France at 16 km from Pau, the department capital. (General information: Mirepeix is 661 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Pau at 16 km from Mirepeix
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Mirepeix. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Mirepeix
- Gan: market Wednesday (12km)
- Pau: market every day except Sunday (15km)
- Castet: market Thursday (19km)
- Lourdes: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday all day & Saturday all day & Monday & Friday (19km)
- Tarbes: market Thursday all day (27km)
- Oloron-Sainte-Marie: market Friday (30km)
- Monein: market Monday (31km)
- Vic-en-Bigorre: market Saturday all day (33km)
- Artix: market Wednesday & Sunday (35km)
- Bagneres-de-Bigorre: market Saturday all day (35km)
- Bedous: market Thursday (36km)
- Mourenx: market Wednesday & Saturday (36km)
- Aramits: market Sunday (39km)
- Rabastens-de-Bigorre: market Monday (40km)
- Luz-Saint-Sauveur: market Monday (40km)
- Arthez-de-Bearn: market Saturday (43km)
- Marciac: market Wednesday (50km)
Map of places to visit near Mirepeix and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Mirepeix and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Heritage sites Ourdis-Cotdoussan église St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (27km); Eglise, Oloron-Sainte-Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (30km)
National Monuments Marshall Foch house (27km)
Remarkable gardens Jardin Massey (27km); Jardins du château de Viven (32km); Jardin du château de Momas (33km)
Sites of natural beauty Grottes de Betharram (11km); Col d'Aubisque (24km); Cirque du Litor (26km); Vallée d'Ossau (26km); Cirque du Lys (34km); Grottes de Médous (37km); Pont d'Espagne (38km); Vallée d'Aspe (39km); Col du Tourmalet (45km)
Towns of Art and history Oloron-Sainte-Marie (30km)
zoo or wildlife park Zoo d'Asson (7km)
Distance to Mirepeix
from Pau (local prefecture): 16 km
from Paris: 661 km
from Calais: 878 km
from Nice: 609 km
from Bordeaux: 185 km
from Strasbourg: 861 km
We have 15 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Mirepeix): Asson, Baliros, Baudreix, Benejacq, Beuste, Boeil-Bezing, Borderes, Bordes, Bourdettes, Coarraze, Igon, Lagos, Lucgarier, Pardies-Pietat and Saint-Abit.
Pyrenees-Atlantiques is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Mirepeix from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Mirepeix