Messia-sur-Sorne travel guide
Visit Messia-sur-Sorne: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Lons-le-Saunier at 4 km from Messia-sur-Sorne
Location: Messia-sur-Sorne is situated in the Jura department (Franche-Comte region) in the east of France at 4 km from Lons-le-Saunier, the department capital. (General information: Messia-sur-Sorne is 340 km from Paris and 547 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Messia-sur-Sorne: these include Lons-le-Saunier at 4 km and Baume-les-Messieurs at 12 km. Jardin des jeux du château d'Arlay is a listed remarkable garden at 11 km and Baume-les-Messieurs is a listed most beautiful village at 12 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Messia-sur-Sorne, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Messia-sur-Sorne
See France This Way travel guides for and Franche-Comte (the local department and region) for more travel ideas in the area of Messia-sur-Sorne.
Note that all distances from Messia-sur-Sorne shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Messia-sur-Sorne holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Messia-sur-Sorne
- Lons-le-Saunier: market every Thursday all day (3km)
- Bletterans: market every Tuesday (10km)
- Clairvaux-les-Lacs: market every Wednesday (21km)
- Louhans: market every Monday (22km)
- Saint-Germain-du-Bois: market every Saturday (23km)
- Saint-Amour: market every Saturday (28km)
- Mervans: market every Friday (29km)
- Pierre-de-Bresse: market every Monday (31km)
- Champagnole: market every Saturday (32km)
- Arbois: market every Friday (33km)
- Saint-Germain-du-Plain: market every Thursday (40km)
- Saint-Claude: market every Saturday (41km)
- Morez: market every Saturday all day (42km)
- Verdun-sur-le-Doubs: market every Thursday (45km)
- Montrevel-en-Bresse: market every Tuesday (46km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Messia-sur-Sorne and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Messia-sur-Sorne map below.
Recommended Detour Salins-les-Bains (42km)
Regional Natural Parc Haut-Jura (41km)
Remarkable Garden Jardin des jeux du château d'Arlay (11km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Lac de Lamoura (47km); Col de la Faucille (51km)
Map of places to visit near Messia-sur-Sorne & Location Information
Distance to Messia-sur-Sorne
from Lons-le-Saunier (local prefecture): 4 km
from Paris: 340 km
from Calais: 547 km
from Nice: 357 km
from Bordeaux: 514 km
from Strasbourg: 272 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 25 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Messia-sur-Sorne): Bornay, Cesancey, Chille, Chilly-le-Vignoble, Condamine, Courbouzon, Courlans, Courlaoux, Frebuans, Geruge, Gevingey, Larnaud, Le Pin, Lons-le-Saunier, Macornay, Mallerey, Moiron, Montaigu, Montmorot, Perrigny, Saint-Didier, Sainte-Agnes, Trenal, Vernantois and Villeneuve-sous-Pymont.
For driving distances to Messia-sur-Sorne from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Messia-sur-Sorne