Marches travel guide
Visit Marches: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Romans-sur-Isere at 9 km from Marches
Location: Marches is situated in the Drome department (Rhone-Alpes region) in the south-east of France at 18 km from Valence, the department capital. (General information: Marches is 479 km from Paris and 707 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Marches: these include Romans-sur-Isere at 9 km and Valence at 18 km. Montelier is a listed ville fleurie 4* at 8 km and Jardin japonais is a listed remarkable garden at 16 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Marches, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Marches
Palais Ideal 32km
See France This Way travel guides for and Rhone-Alpes (the local department and region) for more travel ideas in the area of Marches.
Note that all distances from Marches shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Marches holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Marches
- Romans-sur-Isere: market every Wednesday & Tuesday & Sunday & Saturday & Friday (9km)
- Chabeuil: market every Tuesday (11km)
- Bourg-les-Valence: market every Wednesday & Sunday (17km)
- Valence: market every Wednesday all day & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (18km)
- Guilherand-Granges: market every Friday (19km)
- Saint-Donat-sur-l'Herbasse: market every Monday (19km)
- Saint-Peray: market every Wednesday (21km)
- Portes-les-Valence: market every Thursday (22km)
- Etoile-sur-Rhone: market every Wednesday (23km)
- Tain-l'Hermitage: market every Saturday (23km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Marches and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Marches map below.
Recommended Detour Crest (28km)
Regional Natural Parc Vercors (26km)
Religious Monument Cathédrale Saint-Apollinaire (Valence) (18km); Abbatiale Sainte-Marie (Cruas) (45km)
Remarkable Garden Jardin japonais (16km); Parc Jouvet (18km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Grottes de Choranche (25km); Cirque d'Archiane (40km)
Town Of Art And History Valence (18km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Montelier (8km); Valence (18km); Saint-Gervais (39km)
Map of places to visit near Marches & Location Information
Distance to Marches
from Valence (local prefecture): 18 km
from Paris: 479 km
from Calais: 707 km
from Nice: 223 km
from Bordeaux: 448 km
from Strasbourg: 449 km
* distances are direct not by road!
For driving distances to Marches from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Marches