Marchais travel guide
Visit Marchais: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Laon at 15 km from Marchais
Location: Marchais is situated in the Aisne department (Picardy region) in the north of France at 14 km from Laon, the department capital. (General information: Marchais is 134 km from Paris and 206 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Marchais: these include Laon at 15 km and Parfondeval at 30 km. Ebouleau is a listed ville fleurie 4* at 11 km and Laon is a listed secteur sauvegarde at 12 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Marchais, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Marchais
Note that all distances from Marchais shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Marchais holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Marchais
- Laon: market every Thursday (12km)
- Marle: market every Friday (18km)
- Guignicourt: market every Friday (20km)
- Rozoy-sur-Serre: market every Wednesday (26km)
- Vervins: market every Saturday (28km)
- Fismes: market every Saturday (32km)
- Braine: market every Friday (34km)
- Origny-Sainte-Benoite: market every Thursday (37km)
- Guise: market every Saturday (37km)
- Tergnier: market every Thursday & Sunday (39km)
- Reims: market every Every day (39km)
- Rethel: market every Thursday (41km)
- Soissons: market every Wednesday & Saturday (42km)
- Hirson: market every Thursday & Monday (42km)
- Saint-Quentin: market every Wednesday & Sunday & Friday (48km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Marchais and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Marchais map below.
Heritage Site Reims Cathedral, Abbey and Palace (40km)
Most Beautiful Village Parfondeval (30km)
National Monument Chateau Coucy (37km); Tau Palace (40km); Towers of Reims Cathedral (40km)
Religious Monument Cathédrale de Reims (Reims) (40km); Eglise de Berzy-le-Sec (Berzy-le-sec) (46km)
Remarkable Garden Jardin de Bosmont-sur-Serre (17km); Jardins du château (32km)
Secteur Sauvegarde Laon (12km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Ebouleau (11km); Vivaise (19km); Reims (39km); Gauchy (48km)
Map of places to visit near Marchais & Location Information
Distance to Marchais
from Laon (local prefecture): 14 km
from Paris: 134 km
from Calais: 206 km
from Nice: 705 km
from Bordeaux: 623 km
from Strasbourg: 307 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 9 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Marchais): Chivres-en-Laonnois, Coucy-les-Eppes, Gizy, Liesse-Notre-Dame, Mauregny-en-Haye, Missy-les-Pierrepont, Montaigu, Samoussy and Sissonne.
For driving distances to Marchais from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Marchais