Magny-le-Desert travel guide
Visit Magny-le-Desert: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Bagnoles de l'Orne at 7 km from Magny-le-Desert
Location: Magny-le-Desert is situated in the Orne department (Normandy region) in the north of France at 35 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Magny-le-Desert is 199 km from Paris and 307 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Magny-le-Desert: these include Bagnoles de l'Orne at 7 km and Domfront at 24 km. Normandie-Maine is a listed regional natural parc at 12 km and Carrouges Chateau is a listed national monument at 13 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Magny-le-Desert, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Magny-le-Desert
Note that all distances from Magny-le-Desert shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Magny-le-Desert holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Magny-le-Desert
- La Ferte-Mace: market every Thursday (3km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market every Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (7km)
- Briouze: market every Monday (15km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market every Monday (25km)
- Flers: market every Wednesday & Saturday (26km)
- Argentan: market every Tuesday & Friday (30km)
- Alencon: market every Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (34km)
- Conde-sur-Noireau: market every Thursday (35km)
- Mayenne: market every Saturday & Monday (36km)
- Sees: market every Saturday (37km)
- Falaise: market every Saturday (38km)
- Gorron: market every Wednesday (40km)
- Trun: market every Thursday (40km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market every Saturday (41km)
- Beaumont-sur-Sarthe: market every Tuesday (51km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Magny-le-Desert and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Magny-le-Desert map below.
Most Beautiful Village Saint-Ceneri-le-Gerei (29km)
National Monument Carrouges Chateau (13km)
Regional Natural Parc Normandie-Maine (12km)
Remarkable Garden Sassy (27km); Parc et jardin de Clivoy (56km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Saint-Loup-du-Gast (28km); Saint-Fraimbault (29km)
Map of places to visit near Magny-le-Desert & Location Information
Distance to Magny-le-Desert
from Alencon (local prefecture): 35 km
from Paris: 199 km
from Calais: 307 km
from Nice: 796 km
from Bordeaux: 415 km
from Strasbourg: 594 km
* distances are direct not by road!
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Magny-le-Desert from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Magny-le-Desert