Mace travel guide
Visit Mace: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Sees at 4 km from Mace
Location: Mace is situated in the Orne department (Normandy region) in the north of France at 23 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Mace is 164 km from Paris and 285 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Mace: these include Sees at 4 km and Argentan at 17 km. Sassy is a listed remarkable garden at 10 km and Argentan is a listed recommended detour at 17 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Mace, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Mace
Note that all distances from Mace shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Mace holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Mace
- Sees: market every Saturday (4km)
- Argentan: market every Tuesday & Friday (17km)
- Le Mele-sur-Sarthe: market every Wednesday (21km)
- Alencon: market every Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (23km)
- Trun: market every Thursday (24km)
- Mortagne-Au-Perche: market every Saturday all day (33km)
- Mamers: market every Monday (36km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market every Thursday (37km)
- Tourouvre: market every Friday (38km)
- Briouze: market every Monday (38km)
- Falaise: market every Saturday (38km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market every Saturday (40km)
- Montreuil-l'Argille: market every Tuesday (42km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market every Monday (44km)
- La Barre-en-Ouche: market every Wednesday (52km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Mace and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Mace map below.
Most Beautiful Village Saint-Ceneri-le-Gerei (32km)
National Monument Carrouges Chateau (23km)
Recommended Detour Argentan (17km)
Regional Natural Parc Normandie-Maine (31km)
Remarkable Garden Sassy (10km); Jardins du château de Vendeuvre (42km)
Map of places to visit near Mace & Location Information
Distance to Mace
from Alencon (local prefecture): 23 km
from Paris: 164 km
from Calais: 285 km
from Nice: 775 km
from Bordeaux: 426 km
from Strasbourg: 559 km
* distances are direct not by road!
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Mace from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Mace