Lore travel guide
Visit Lore: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Domfront at 13 km from Lore
Location: Lore is situated in the Orne department (Normandy region) in the north of France at 50 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Lore is 219 km from Paris and 325 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Lore: these include Domfront at 13 km and Bagnoles de l'Orne at 14 km. Saint-Fraimbault is a listed ville fleurie 4* at 9 km and Saint-Loup-du-Gast is a listed ville fleurie 4* at 11 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Lore, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Lore
Bagnoles de l'Orne 14km
Note that all distances from Lore shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Lore holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Lore
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market every Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (14km)
- Gorron: market every Wednesday (19km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market every Thursday (20km)
- Mayenne: market every Saturday & Monday (20km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market every Monday (27km)
- Briouze: market every Monday (28km)
- Flers: market every Wednesday & Saturday (29km)
- Ernee: market every Tuesday (34km)
- Sourdeval: market every Tuesday (36km)
- Andouille: market every Thursday (37km)
- Saint-Hilaire-du-Harcouet: market every Wednesday (39km)
- Evron: market every Thursday (40km)
- Louvigne-du-Desert: market every Friday (40km)
- Vire: market every Friday (45km)
- Sille-le-Guillaume: market every Wednesday (47km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Lore and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Lore map below.
Most Beautiful Village Saint-Ceneri-le-Gerei (41km)
National Monument Carrouges Chateau (32km)
Recommended Detour Domfront (13km)
Regional Natural Parc Normandie-Maine (26km)
Remarkable Garden Parc et jardin de Clivoy (36km); Jardins de la Pellerine (40km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Saint-Fraimbault (9km); Saint-Loup-du-Gast (11km); Juvigne (44km)
Map of places to visit near Lore & Location Information
Distance to Lore
from Alencon (local prefecture): 50 km
from Paris: 219 km
from Calais: 325 km
from Nice: 805 km
from Bordeaux: 406 km
from Strasbourg: 613 km
* distances are direct not by road!
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Lore from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Lore