Le Chatellier travel guide
Visit Le Chatellier: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Domfront at 10 km from Le Chatellier
Location: Le Chatellier is situated in the Orne department (Normandy region) in the north of France at 57 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Le Chatellier is 216 km from Paris and 307 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Le Chatellier: these include Domfront at 10 km and Bagnoles de l'Orne at 18 km. Domfront is a listed recommended detour at 10 km and Saint-Fraimbault is a listed ville fleurie 4* at 23 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Le Chatellier, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Le Chatellier
Bagnoles de l'Orne 18km
Note that all distances from Le Chatellier shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Le Chatellier holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Le Chatellier
- Flers: market every Wednesday & Saturday (8km)
- Briouze: market every Monday (16km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market every Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (18km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market every Thursday (19km)
- Conde-sur-Noireau: market every Thursday (20km)
- Sourdeval: market every Tuesday (25km)
- Vire: market every Friday (28km)
- Gorron: market every Wednesday (34km)
- Thury-Harcourt: market every Tuesday (35km)
- Falaise: market every Saturday (37km)
- Aunay-sur-Odon: market every Saturday (38km)
- Saint-Hilaire-du-Harcouet: market every Wednesday (39km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market every Monday (43km)
- Louvigne-du-Desert: market every Friday (45km)
- Torigni-sur-Vire: market every Monday (49km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Le Chatellier and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Le Chatellier map below.
Most Beautiful Village Saint-Ceneri-le-Gerei (51km)
National Monument Carrouges Chateau (34km)
Recommended Detour Domfront (10km)
Regional Natural Parc Normandie-Maine (34km)
Remarkable Garden Jardins du château de Vendeuvre (50km); Jardins de la Pellerine (53km)
Village D'etape Torigni-sur-Vire (49km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Saint-Fraimbault (23km); Saint-Loup-du-Gast (32km); Domjean (48km)
Zoo Or Wildlife Park Parc zoologique de Jurques (38km)
Map of places to visit near Le Chatellier & Location Information
Distance to Le Chatellier
from Alencon (local prefecture): 57 km
from Paris: 216 km
from Calais: 307 km
from Nice: 818 km
from Bordeaux: 427 km
from Strasbourg: 612 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 9 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Le Chatellier): Banvou, Dompierre, La Chapelle-Au-Moine, La Chapelle-Biche, La Ferriere-Aux-Etangs, Messei, Saint-Andre-de-Messei, Saint-Bomer-les-Forges and Saint-Clair-de-Halouze.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Le Chatellier from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Le Chatellier