Château-d'Almenêches travel guide
Visit Château-d'Almenêches: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Château-d'Almenêches is situated in the Orne (Normandy region) in the north of France at 28 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Château-d'Almenêches is 164 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Sees at 9 km from Château-d'Almenêches
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Château-d'Almenêches. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Château-d'Almenêches
- Sees: market Saturday (9km)
- Argentan: market Tuesday & Friday (13km)
- Trun: market Thursday (19km)
- Le Mele-sur-Sarthe: market Wednesday (25km)
- Alencon: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (28km)
- Falaise: market Saturday (34km)
- Mortagne-Au-Perche: market Saturday all day (36km)
- Briouze: market Monday (36km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market Thursday (37km)
- Montreuil-l'Argille: market Tuesday (39km)
- Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives: market Monday (40km)
- Tourouvre: market Friday (40km)
- Mamers: market Monday (41km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (42km)
- Orbec: market Wednesday (43km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market Monday (47km)
- La Barre-en-Ouche: market Wednesday (50km)
Map of places to visit near Château-d'Almenêches and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Château-d'Almenêches and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
National Monuments Carrouges Chateau (24km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour) Argentan (13km)
Regional Natural Parcs Normandie-Maine (33km)
Remarkable gardens Sassy (8km); Jardins du château de Vendeuvre (37km)
Sites of natural beauty Forêt d'Écouves (15km); Signal d'Écouves (16km); Forêt de Perseigne (32km); Mont du Haut-Fourché (39km)
Towns of Art and history Orbec (43km)
Distance to Château-d'Almenêches
from Alencon (local prefecture): 28 km
from Paris: 164 km
from Calais: 281 km
from Nice: 780 km
from Bordeaux: 430 km
from Strasbourg: 560 km
We have found 10 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Le Chateau-d'Almeneches): Almeneches, Aunou-le-Faucon, Boissei-la-Lande, Chailloue, La Cochere, Mace, Marcei, Marmouille, Medavy and Mortree.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Château-d'Almenêches from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Château-d'Almenêches