Lavoux travel guide
Visit Lavoux: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Chauvigny at 10 km from Lavoux
Location: Lavoux is situated in the Vienne department (Poitou-Charentes region) in the west of France at 15 km from Poitiers, the department capital. (General information: Lavoux is 286 km from Paris and 494 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Lavoux: these include Chauvigny at 10 km and Nouaille-Maupertuis at 13 km. Touffou is a listed remarkable garden at 5 km and Eglise de Saint Pierre (Chauvigny) is a listed religious monument at 9 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Lavoux, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Lavoux
Note that all distances from Lavoux shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Lavoux holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Lavoux
- Poitiers: market every Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday all day & Friday (15km)
- Jaunay-Clan: market every Friday (16km)
- Naintre: market every Sunday (19km)
- Neuville-de-Poitou: market every Thursday & Sunday (24km)
- Chatellerault: market every Wednesday & Thursday all day & Saturday (25km)
- Saint-Savin: market every Friday (26km)
- Vivonne: market every Saturday (28km)
- Vouille: market every Saturday (28km)
- La Roche-Posay: market every Tuesday & Friday (30km)
- Montmorillon: market every Wednesday (32km)
- Mirebeau: market every Wednesday & Saturday (34km)
- Preuilly-sur-Claise: market every Thursday & Saturday (42km)
- Le Grand-Pressigny: market every Thursday (42km)
- Rouille: market every Friday (42km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Lavoux and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Lavoux map below.
Heritage Site Poitiers église Saint-Hilaire le Grand (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (15km)
Most Beautiful Village Angles-sur-l'Anglin (29km)
Recommended Detour Chauvigny (10km)
Religious Monument Eglise de Saint Pierre (Chauvigny) (9km); Abbaye de Nouaillé-Mauperthuis (Nouaille-Maupertuis) (13km); Eglise de Saint Gervais et Saint Protais (Civaux) (20km); Abbaye de Saint Savin sur Gartempe (Saint-Savin-sur-Gartempe) (26km); Eglise de Saint Maurice (Saint-Maurice-la-Clouere) (26km); Eglise de Notre-Dame (Montmorillon) (32km); Eglise d'Usson de Poitou (Usson-du-Poitou) (35km); Eglise de Notre-Dame (Lusignan) (36km)
Remarkable Garden Touffou (5km); Laverré (22km)
Secteur Sauvegarde Poitiers (15km)
Theme Park Futuroscope (15km)
Town Of Art And History Poitiers (15km); Montmorillon (32km)
Village D'etape Vivonne (28km)
Zoo Or Wildlife Park Vallée des singes (monkeys) (43km)
Map of places to visit near Lavoux & Location Information
Distance to Lavoux
from Poitiers (local prefecture): 15 km
from Paris: 286 km
from Calais: 494 km
from Nice: 618 km
from Bordeaux: 214 km
from Strasbourg: 584 km
* distances are direct not by road!
Vienne is in the west of France. Most visitors arrive here by car - the ferry ports such as Caen, Saint Malo and Cherbourg are convenient at around 4-5 hours drive. For driving distances to Lavoux from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Lavoux