Sauvagère travel guide
Visit Sauvagère: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Sauvagère is situated in the Orne (Normandy region) in the north of France at 43 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Sauvagère is 204 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Bagnoles de l'Orne at 8 km from Sauvagère
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Sauvagère. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Sauvagère
- La Ferte-Mace: market Thursday (6km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (7km)
- Briouze: market Monday (9km)
- Flers: market Wednesday & Saturday (17km)
- Conde-sur-Noireau: market Thursday (27km)
- Argentan: market Tuesday & Friday (32km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market Monday (32km)
- Falaise: market Saturday (34km)
- Gorron: market Wednesday (38km)
- Mayenne: market Saturday & Monday (38km)
- Sourdeval: market Tuesday (39km)
- Trun: market Thursday (41km)
- Vire: market Friday (42km)
- Alencon: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (43km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market Saturday (50km)
- Ernee: market Tuesday (53km)
Map of places to visit near Sauvagère and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Sauvagère and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
National Monuments Carrouges Chateau (21km)
Regional Natural Parcs Normandie-Maine (21km)
Remarkable gardens Sassy (32km)
Sites of natural beauty Rochers des Parcs (32km); Signal d'Écouves (34km); Forêt d'Écouves (36km); Mont du Haut-Fourché (39km)
Towns of Art and history Mayenne (38km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Saint-Fraimbault (26km); Saint-Loup-du-Gast (29km)
Distance to Sauvagère
from Alencon (local prefecture): 43 km
from Paris: 204 km
from Calais: 306 km
from Nice: 805 km
from Bordeaux: 421 km
from Strasbourg: 600 km
We have 7 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of La Sauvagere): La Coulonche, La Ferte-Mace, Le Menil-de-Briouze, Lignou, Lonlay-le-Tesson, Saint-Maurice-du-Desert and Saint-Michel-Des-Andaines.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Sauvagère from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Sauvagère