La Ferte-Mace travel guide
Visit La Ferte-Mace: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Bagnoles de l'Orne at 6 km from La Ferte-Mace
Location: La Ferte-Mace is situated in the Orne department (Normandy region) in the north of France at 38 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: La Ferte-Mace is 201 km from Paris and 307 km from the port at Calais).
Market days in La Ferte-Mace: weekly market: Thursday; (markets take place in the morning unless indicated)
Popular places to visit near La Ferte-Mace: these include Bagnoles de l'Orne at 6 km and Domfront at 21 km. Normandie-Maine is a listed regional natural parc at 15 km and Carrouges Chateau is a listed national monument at 15 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near La Ferte-Mace, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to La Ferte-Mace
Note that all distances from La Ferte-Mace shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
La Ferte-Mace holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near La Ferte-Mace
- La Ferte-Mace: market every Thursday (0km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market every Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (5km)
- Briouze: market every Monday (12km)
- Flers: market every Wednesday & Saturday (23km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market every Monday (27km)
- Argentan: market every Tuesday & Friday (30km)
- Conde-sur-Noireau: market every Thursday (32km)
- Falaise: market every Saturday (36km)
- Mayenne: market every Saturday & Monday (37km)
- Alencon: market every Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (37km)
- Gorron: market every Wednesday (39km)
- Sees: market every Saturday (39km)
- Trun: market every Thursday (40km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market every Saturday (44km)
- Vire: market every Friday (47km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting La Ferte-Mace and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the La Ferte-Mace map below.
Most Beautiful Village Saint-Ceneri-le-Gerei (32km)
National Monument Carrouges Chateau (15km)
Regional Natural Parc Normandie-Maine (15km)
Remarkable Garden Sassy (28km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Saint-Fraimbault (28km); Saint-Loup-du-Gast (28km)
Map of places to visit near La Ferte-Mace & Location Information
Distance to La Ferte-Mace
from Alencon (local prefecture): 38 km
from Paris: 201 km
from Calais: 307 km
from Nice: 799 km
from Bordeaux: 417 km
from Strasbourg: 596 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 9 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of La Ferte-Mace): Bagnoles-de-l'Orne, Beauvain, La Motte-Fouquet, La Sauvagere, Le Grais, Magny-le-Desert, Saint-Maurice-du-Desert, Saint-Michel-Des-Andaines and Saint-Patrice-du-Desert.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to La Ferte-Mace from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez La Ferte-Mace