Ferté-Macé travel guide
Visit Ferté-Macé: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Ferté-Macé is situated in the Orne (Normandy region) in the north of France at 38 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Ferté-Macé is 201 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Bagnoles de l'Orne at 6 km from Ferté-Macé
Market days: weekly market: Thursday;
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Ferté-Macé. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Ferté-Macé
- La Ferte-Mace: market Thursday (0km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (5km)
- Briouze: market Monday (12km)
- Flers: market Wednesday & Saturday (23km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market Monday (27km)
- Argentan: market Tuesday & Friday (30km)
- Conde-sur-Noireau: market Thursday (32km)
- Falaise: market Saturday (36km)
- Mayenne: market Saturday & Monday (37km)
- Alencon: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (37km)
- Gorron: market Wednesday (39km)
- Sees: market Saturday (39km)
- Trun: market Thursday (40km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market Saturday (44km)
- Vire: market Friday (47km)
Map of places to visit near Ferté-Macé and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Ferté-Macé and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
National Monuments Carrouges Chateau (15km)
Regional Natural Parcs Normandie-Maine (15km)
Remarkable gardens Sassy (28km)
Sites of natural beauty Signal d'Écouves (29km); Forêt d'Écouves (31km); Mont du Haut-Fourché (33km); Rochers des Parcs (37km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Saint-Fraimbault (28km); Saint-Loup-du-Gast (28km)
Distance to Ferté-Macé
from Alencon (local prefecture): 38 km
from Paris: 201 km
from Calais: 307 km
from Nice: 799 km
from Bordeaux: 417 km
from Strasbourg: 596 km
We have found 9 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of La Ferte-Mace): Bagnoles-de-l'Orne, Beauvain, La Motte-Fouquet, La Sauvagere, Le Grais, Magny-le-Desert, Saint-Maurice-du-Desert, Saint-Michel-Des-Andaines and Saint-Patrice-du-Desert.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Ferté-Macé from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Ferté-Macé